Three felony convictions.Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Buffalo Bill, Feb 20, 2015.

1. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I'd feel for the guy if he'd just fess up and admit he did what he was convicted of instead of playing the victim. I have felonies as well and I did it. See, it's not that tough...

MrWaaaH and 8thnote Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Or a politician or a CEO of a large corporation. All kidding aside he still has a shot. May not be with the best company in the world but there are so many desperate ones out there that simply require a pulse and a semi warm body temp someone will take him.

4. RickJPII

RickJPII Light Load Member

In all fairness, he says he was convicted of attempted robbery, and as far as burglary is concerned, albeit it varies by state, a person can be charged with, and convicted of burglary just by unlawfully entering AND remaining inside a dwelling or a building WITH the intent to commit a crime. Maybe he took too long and the cops got there before he got a chance to take anything. Who knows. But, it's obvious that either he had a crappy defense lawyer, or the State proved he had criminal intent.

Maybe you're right and no trucking company will touch him. But, if he's paid his debt to society, and has sincerely turned away from a life of crime, he deserves a second chance.

Buffalo Bill Thanks this.
  5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Every application I've filled out I've always been completely honest about my past.
    I know its hard to believe for you very small minded people but folks can and do change.

As to you criminals love criminals statement I'm no longer a criminal I regained my integrity and dignity a long time ago.

Steel Maverick Thanks this.
  6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Haters gonna hate. They're like unwanted critters in your backyard...don't feed them and they'll go away.

Lonesome, Bankrobba99 and driverdriver Thank this.
  7. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2014
    I Want to thank everyone who has shared their advice and opinions.Very much appreciated

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Haters gonna hate but a dose of reality needs to be injected sometime. People do change. But the stigma is there. It comes down to "Would you hire you?" We all can end up as criminals, but the choices we make decide that. I tell my kids all the time that remember the choices you make can affect you forever. Make the right ones and life will be easy. Drugs are addicting and can kill you. Criminal activity can hamper you from good jobs. It may not be as "fun" or "exciting", but in the end, doing the right thing pays off, every time.

Buffalo Bill, Shaggy and bigdogpile Thank this.
  9. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Thank you very much peterbilt

10. crunchy

crunchy Light Load Member

May 12, 2013
    central ky
    Call TDI in sellersburg indiana. Talk to Gary. I think thats his name. He will tell you if you can get a job or not.

Buffalo Bill Thanks this.
  11. Bankrobba99

Bankrobba99 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Tx
    You can get hired, I was hired by a small outfit as others have suggested. You will have to prove yourself and be a better employee than your co-workers IME.

Dont let naysayers discourage you. Remember, they ALL have things in their past too. I don't care who they are or what they say. Good luck to you.

Buffalo Bill and driverdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.