Ticket for 15 over in personal vehicle.

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by MamaB, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    I got stopped in Ohio on I 80 driving my personal car. I was going 74 in a 70 mph zone. Gave me an award certicate, but only a warning. I am sure he stopped me because of my tinted windows.....I put down the passenger side window so he could see into my car. I should have put down the rear window too.

he wanted to know where I was going, and where I had been. Nosey fellow, eh? Told him I bought the car used in St. Louis, when I lived in Tn, and it was already tinted then.

I asked him if he liked my car, and he would not answer. It is a silver Pontiac GXP, and is a nice looking car.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MamaB

MamaB Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Yeah he has enough experience under his belt that he got onto a local home daily account. Believe me, we definitely took his career into consideration when I came up pregnant as at that time I was actually riding with him and he was employed at Werner (DG account)

Thanks so much for that little bit of info, I don't think anyone else had mentioned the probation but that won't be a problem as I believe he's learned his lesson this one time lol

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  4. MamaB

MamaB Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2017
    I sure do too Puppage. The feedback from y'all has helped calm our nerves a bit and I thank y'all very much for that :)

paul_4lp and Puppage Thank this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yeah i was asking the say question must be an O/O

dca Thanks this.
  6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    personal vehicle was brought up

MamaB Thanks this.
  7. GreenMonster9669

GreenMonster9669 Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    St Louis
    I got a 10-over speeding ticket knocked down to a non-moving "defective equipment" violation by one of those traffic law outfits you see on billboards. There's nothing on file anywhere about the original charge. Seems to me it would be hard for someone to be disciplined for doing something the cops say never happened.

paul_4lp and MamaB Thank this.
  8. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    I disagree. OTR is working hard for your family. That is important. Yea you can be home every night but if you can't feed your family that sucks. Worked in the military, UXO removal, and OTR and I have 5 kids. None of them are starving.

91B20H8 and MamaB Thank this.
  9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I didn't say they were going to starve or you weren't going to make any money no where did I say that, but having to rush home and stuff is hard to do when your a state away and all.

paul_4lp and MamaB Thank this.
  10. MamaB

MamaB Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Well I guess it's a good thing he's not a state away, West Memphis is only 30 minutes from where we live (Memphis) lol

paul_4lp and Mike2633 Thank this.
  11. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    You should have read the post in is car rushing home

paul_4lp and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.