ticket in Cali for driving in left lane...no signs saying not too.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by WRIGHTRACING, Oct 17, 2012.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Remember years back that CHP officer who was the on camera spokesman for the CHP in San Diego (i think) thY ended up being a serial rapist/killer who pulled women over onto an abandoned off ramp on I-15?

Ended up getting pinched because he was on tv and some of the women he made passes at but didn't kill them turned him in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    True. And on the 101 north of SF it is next to not possible to get pulled over in a semi unless someone has cellphoned saying you are doing 80 in the carpool lane. Then you might I say might get checked out as you crest a hill and then you might get a ticket. Very doubtful. Any other part of CA except 299 199 and 36 one has to be cautious. The cops from SF to Oregon border have been very lenient with us and prefer to focus on real criminals and dumb butts. Just a little ways over the forests though to Cottonwood and Dunsmuir-ouch ouch ouch. Got my first ticket today (being in #2 of 5 lanes) after years of giving 4 wheelers driving lessons with 6 days off a year and it was where 2 freeways merge and after several phone calls. Probably co workers that can't move freight like like a blazing idiot. Maybe $600 or so will help me come to my senses and have some restraint. Thanks for letting me chime in.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Thanks for reviving a 6 year old thread. And a reminder when your in Cali, stay in the right lane. Chippies (Bears) have been enforcing it lately.

Rubicon and bzinger Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes the good old days of the Class A. You could carry 48 of them if need be.

One of my trainers was actually suspended in Virginia or revoked or something. I did all his driving in addition to mine in that state back in those days... HA.

I remember before the Oil Embargo too. 70 or so long before they slapped 55 all over the USA in the mid 70's What a pain.

I have not been on the CBB (US 50, Maryland) for sometime, but once with a empty seacan I was pretty much blown against the gaurdrail westbound at the apex (Top) of that span in a storm that came through. (Bad timing) and all of the left wheels came off the pavement about oh... 6 foot or so as it thought about going over entirely with me riding the fuel tank eyeing that steel grid decking before jumping if it did go over.

To this day Im glad I did not have to jump, she came back down hard and that was the end of that problem besides getting off there right quick.

6. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015

Any chance of beating being in #2 of 4 lanes where people are exiting for bridge and later merging from bridge? 101N and 580 Richmond Bridge. Thank you.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It's all about the money, so California doesn't make money if the judge dismisses a ticket.

8. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015
    That'll learn me. Thanks for replying.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.