Time DC *Dedicated Carriers*

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by oneshyne, Aug 19, 2018.

1. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Josh is the same exact person I spoken to from the company. Seems like a very cool guy I love the model trucks they have & you can tell they tankers from the rest. They got those chicken lights in the back of the tanker with a circle & the letter T glowing up when you turn the lights on. I'm coming from Coal City Cob I only have like 4 years driving experience but out of those 4 years my last 3 & a half years been straight tankers chemicals 1st 6 months was food grade. So Josh told me with all the chemical experience I have & the area where I'm at they pick up a lot from Bayonne NJ. I call him yesterday & told him I'm not gonna be able to get back into trucking until like the 3rd or last week of this month because I had my appendix taking out last Sunday. So I gotta stay away from driving for this short leriod of time & can't lift anything more then 10 pounds.

interesting, I never been to this area but figured it was a tiny area by the way it looks on the map.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    I went there in person a month before hiring in , asked Josh if he'd give me a tour. He said cmon down.
    I was impressed , i hired in the 22nd of Oct.
    So far all is well , i am not a newbie to trucking started in 88.
    Been with more companies that i wish to admit.
    I stay employed my work is consistent but my history of staying with jerk outfits suck.
    If i'm not happy , i'm doing my footwork.
    I am very happy with them , their orientation is relaxed and stress free.
    3 days 200.00 a day , lunch and dinner are on Time DC , they have a corporate tab with the country club in town , the Rustic restaurant.
    The shop is among the best i've seen in my 30 yrs.
    Office people are pleasant , higher ups are hands on and will sit and have lunch with ya, including Willy the owner, he'll go out and buy lunch for us.
    This operation likes experienced drivers that need no supervision , in return you are presented a real laid back , easy to love environment.
    If i could change two things , a new microwave and cleaner showers.
    I have my own microwave in my truck thank you Lord.
    The equipment is top of the line gents, they do have a few older trucks , mine is a 2007 , but is one of , if not the smoothest ride i have been in and it pulled 80900 lbs up and down the hills on 71 Louisville to Cinci like they we nuttin.
    In the old Poly truck i'd have struggled to stay over 40mph on a couple of those hills.
    This 07 pete took them at 60 without shifting.
    The fleet is set at 78.
    Their policy is simple , 2 speeders in a yr and you are out.
    They are not making other drivers pay for someone else's bad habits.

4. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ

Glad to see you enjoying it. They shut me down because of a couple of my citations a had in the past. I figured oh well time to move on to the next. SJ Transportation have interest in wanting me to join. The thing is I'm all the way in North jersey of Jersey City and they in South Jersey in Woodstown NJ. I was looking forward to joining Time DC but hey it's all good.

maninthemoon1 Thanks this.
  5. maninthemoon1

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    A word to the wise Sir , if you want the cream of the crop in trucking , you need to be the cream of the crop of drivers.
    My job list is long , but gaps are not.
    By now any employer looking at me knows , i am not tolerant of the ol treat the driver like crap bc he's too dumb to know the difference.
    I am not proud of the long list , however i am versatile and fully capable of taking on new things.
    I'm confident , my accident record , csa and mvr speak for me.
    Good companies will look at me confident they can keep me , jerkwad companies know they probably can't.

bzinger and oneshyne Thank this.
  6. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Yea thanks, I'm straight I look at it as a learning experience. I got 4 years tanker experience this tanker work not for a lot of drivers that's not used to doing it will either be scared or intimidated by the surge or other aspects of it like hauling hazardous materials.So theyll quit. I seen it alot in Linden. i have a good friend in Massachusetts that say he won't ever do Tankers no mater how much I try to bring him on the Tanker side lol. As I learn so far if a company wants to hire you despite what they insurance company say, they will hire you.

7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    If I have my information correct, Willie and his brother owned First Class. (Dry bulk mostly) They sold to Dana a couple years ago and Willie started Time.

8. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ

John they have no aftiliatioa at all with Dana. First class is independently first class and Time DC and Farmers Oil are all a sister company

maninthemoon1 and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I just made a phone call, my information was wrong. The first class that Dana bought was a tanker outfit. I believe that the 3 companies are owned by different family members, so they're quasi sister companies I guess.

oneshyne and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  10. maninthemoon1

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    I have not heard that First class was sold to anyone ...
    I also do not believe Dana bought them out.
    I heard differently from Willy and i chose not to air it here.
    Sorry.

11. maninthemoon1

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    First choice not first class

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.