Time for a new job, Sugestions????

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by American-Trucker, Jul 31, 2012.

1. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Even though I warned you, I am sorry to hear it isn't working out for you. Have you checked out Averitt? From what I read here, they might have what you need. Or maybe JB DCS?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    if dry bulk tankers would interest you, check out harold lisk trucking. i believe they are from hendersonville nc. i used to see them guys in cofield nc at nucor steel. never heard anything bad about them

4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    You could make that at Superior Carriers on 2100 miles per week. I doubt hey will hire you though given your history of job hopping. Linde is a good company paywise but they are installing cameras in the trucks focused on the drivers. That is a bit too big brotherish for my tastes.

5. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Polite yet tough love,

This truck driving life is not easy and you are job hopping, it will not be or ever will be helpful to keep changing jobs. Most companies look for stable employment history, you do not have that.

Some companies want over 25 year old drivers, you are not old enough.

Some companies want drivers that will take the good with the bad, you will not do that.

Some companies desire you to drive older equipment, most places that are high paying are not what you want so you will settle for what is offered since you have no leverage, experience, stable work history, etc.

I am not trying to be mean spirited or rude, just honest. When I owned trucks if you did not have a good work history I would not even run your MVR.

6. ddixson

ddixson Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Mid Tennessee
    Yeh man, good luck making that kind of cash with weekly home time. Your age? DOT is fine with it. There's work if you have a clean background. If you earn the right to work and have the experience and are safe then who gives a ####, somebody will hire you, just might get a lot of doors slammed before the right one opens(just like us old guys). I wouldn't leave something like you got now until you get something substantially better tho. I've had to and pretty much every driver I know have had to eat crow and take a #### job to get their time in. Hell, I stayed in a "dream" job that was perfect on paper but absolute hell in reality for a couple years just to get a reference and moved on. Only with hindsight can you tell how good you got it and that's why people give you #### about your age. Go for it, but honestly, even saying all of this,No way in hell I'd run team with a 23 yr old.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  7. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Your tired of the low pay and long hours? I though that was normal for trucking :biggrin_2559:

Lonesome and danny_379 Thank this.
  8. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Hey AT,
    If you are willing to relocate. Wastemanagement is hiring in Seattle. They are having themselves a strike because the drivers are not happy with there $68,000 salary + $30,000 in benefits on top of that pay package. I will assume they are Teamsters, but not sure on that. I have not paid attention to their contract or negotiations and will not judge them for their strike. Personally I don't think they will come out ahead after not making any money being on strike, but that is a different discussion.

Good luck in the search.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  9. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    Chemical tankers my friend.

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  10. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Roehl has a 7/7 program....

Sorry...I couldn't resist. ;)

Ethan

11. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    Actually it is ONLY for those that choose to accept it! Those of us that are industrious enough to go out and knock on doors and better ourselves have long since risen above the poor pay and long hours.

It's all about choices.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.