Time for a new job, Sugestions????

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by American-Trucker, Jul 31, 2012.

1. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    stick it out for a while, you need to show some longevity dude

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    That was my pathetic attempt at humor :biggrin_25525:. I am happy where I am at.

ralph Thanks this.
  4. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I have to agree on that. I am a year older than you and only made 1000 once when I was still bartending a few years ago. Its tough to find a job that will pay you a 1000 a week to start especially a new employee

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Yep. Its ironic that you quoted Rubberducky68 with this post. He just got hired at Superior to pull chemical tankers right out of school and will most likely top 50k his training year being paid for everything he does.

6. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    And drivers with 5/10/15/20 plus years still don't make that because they won't get off their collective butts and TRY to better themselves. That reminds me of an old saying my father drilled into my head..."The Lord helps those that help themselves".

7. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Estes Express is hiring for line haul drivers in Charlotte and Greensboro right now. 47cpm staring pay

8. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    do you have a sysco shop close to you? Im happy with them, you will make 1000 easy..hard work though, really hard, but you got home every night and off 3 days a week..

Good luck whatever you decide!

9. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

I gross $1000 to $1200 everyweek, after obama takes his 40% for his crack i dont get squat. I can count on my fingers how many paychecks i've grossed less less $1000 in my trucking career... $1000 isnt hard to do.

American Trucker

10. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    How is it that guys aren't clearing 1k a week?

Let me be 100% honest A-T, I'm 23 years old and have been driving the same amount of time you have, I have had 8 jobs in that time. I worked the oil field which people in that line of work tend to hop around alot, but that is besides the point, I have put myself in the same predicament that you are working on getting yourself into. Take my advice and stay there until you can buy your own truck and get insured or find a really good life time gig. I have gotten quite lucky and have found a pretty good place and they still frustrate the hell out of me sometimes, but I need to get past the small little annoyances that in the grand scheme of things are nothing.

It's difficult to stick it out somewhere with terrible equipment where your constantly worried about crossing a scale or getting DOT'd, trust me I've been there (and I was running 10k to 30k overweight!) but I have worked myself out of the ability to change jobs even if things do go south where I'm at now because I have gotten upset and walked out of one job and into the next one too many times, and take it from me that is EASILY done.

Does the fact that I've had 8 jobs make me a bad driver? I dont think so because I've pulled #### near any kind of trailer you can think of atleast once, and i've driven so many trucks, motors, and transmissions in so many different areas of this profession, but companies don't look at it that way, they just see that I've switched jobs a whole hell of alot of times!

Whatever you decide to do, I surely hope you make the right decision for your careers sake!

chico9696, The Challenger and aiwiron Thank this.
  11. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    i've heard they run there drivers raged as in, you drive as many miles as 65 x 11 = period

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.