Time scale for a peak and tune

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by stacks, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Anecdotal accounts are ok I guess, but by posting a copy of the actual receipt related to your actual transaction, you would bust the case wide open

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Got that right. 130 miles to Aliceville, Alabama from Batesville, Ms on Thursday with my two pill and 150+ from Olive Branch on I269 to Philadelphia, Ms. I ran up there yesterday and tried again, I could hear them again but it was too cloudy to get back to them.

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I doubt after his arrest and subsequent prison time he is taking chances. I think Rabbi says he lives in a storage unit now.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    When did that happen?

Maybe rabbi and others should start a gofundme page for him to help him out.

You know that cb brotherhood thing ... come on let's get helping mike.

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    KERSNOWSKI T MICHAEL Inmate 131979: Arizona Prisoner

I’d give him some money to tune some more radios, that General Lee he tuned for me is my go to radio.

7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Even if I posted a copy of my receipt which I no longer have, the only thing it would prove is that I did purchase and pay for certain services. It wouldn't prove that those services were not rendered in a scientifically accurate manner. Any reputable technician that does this stuff for a living would be able to tell you what he thinks of their work.
    I simply relayed my personal experience.
    If someone tells me that my radio is so distorted they can't understand me then I consider that to be a problem. If I have to turn the clarifier almost all the way to the right just to be dead center on frequency then that tells me they didn't align the thing correctly since it should be at 12 o'clock.

8. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Dude flat-out claimed you didnt buy the radio there. A receipt slam-dunks them

9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The issue wasn't whether or not I purchased the radio from them. The issue was that at the time, they didn't have a technician that knew how to use an oscilloscope. It's very possible they may have hired somebody with some actual knowledge since then. Any receipt I had is long gone in the course of my divorce and moving out of my house. We can learn a lot by simply asking people "who worked on that radio?" As opposed to "what kind of radio is that?"......

10. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    We have all been ripped off by cb shops in search of the holy grail, Im as guilty as the next sucker, and we learn from trial and error which ones are credible and which ones are a joke, life lessons. I have gone through the entire lineup of available mods, tunes,swing kits,supertunes, and after 23 years of driving these oversized metal ( now fiberglass) coffins up and down these highways and back roads, I just use stock single final am only radios ( 29, 980,etc) and turn modulation up myself if needed ( I know,why?) And I have no problems averaging 10 mile range ,+/- 5 miles, and get all the information I need to effectively perform my job duties ( steering wheel holder), so I guess I have gone full circle, 1st radio I ever bought was a cobra 19 ( chrome face not black plastic) and now I use a cobra 29, wish I still had that little 19, think I paid like $40.00. In a pilot.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  11. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Wonder how many times he has been whackedpacked?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.