Time to stand up drivers!

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by Timeforchange, Jul 12, 2018.

If drivers strike against these rail yards would you shut it down for a few days to make a change?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2018.
  1. Yes, join the strike

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No, I'd have to pull out my box as usual and continue to be treated like s***

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Timeforchange

Timeforchange Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2018
    My truck was banned from the yard because I chose not to allow them to needlessly keep me waiting for them to come lift the box. And yes, we are the customer when we enter those rails and should be treated as such! And yes, my issue is with the rails, we are treated w zero respect and our time has no value to them, if that is something that you've been conditioned to accept as part of the job, enjoy the treatment cuz it's only gonna get worse

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Timeforchange

Jul 12, 2018
    I enjoy doing what I do and am very good at it, most of the local/home every night work that is available is not what I'm interested in doing My point is, there's no reason we as commercial drivers and truck owners should be treated with such disregard for our time, without us the rail yards could not stay open. I have no issues with following yard rules or waiting for a reasonable amount of time while operators are working, but when the whole yard is shut down while on break and trucks are getting more and more backed up, and the equipment is in horrendous condition and operators refuse to pull new chassis, this I am fed up with!

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Problem was solved ... you where banned from the yard. You said you did not like wasting your precious time sitting at that yard so they fixed your problem by banning you , that is what capitalism does , IT FIXES PROBLEMS that humans have.
    You now can use your precious time doing something more valuable.

x1Heavy, 06driver and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  5. Timeforchange

Jul 12, 2018
    Sounds the same a response from an hourly union driver! If you're getting paid for your time it's not being wasted. And these guys responding with the "you should have waited, it's the industry"! It doesn't have to be, we all dint get paid by the hr and again, THERE'S NO #### REASON WE SHOULD BE WAITING FOR A LIFT OR ANYTHING ELSE WHILE EVERY #### OPERATOR IN THE RAIL IS TAKING AN HR BREAK!

6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Ive already said I am leaving OTR in a month. My problem starts at ELOGS. So sure I'm in.

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Some people just aren't cut out for it.

8. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I would first stand up for parking crisis, i read this numbers in the article bellow , national average 1 out of 10 trucks has a place to park for mandatory breaks along the highways.

"The Root of the Problem

A central cause for the severe shortage of adequate truck parking is the more than 3 million truckers on U.S. roads and highways. Currently, there is only parking for 300,000 trucks according to Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Only 36,000 of those parking spots are at rest areas and the remainder are located at truck stops."

Truck Parking Shortage Reaches Critical Status - Geotab Blog

In USA about 350-400,000 commercial trucks were sold over past 12 months, new trucks sales are topping record numbers 40,000/month ; I went to see some new hwy trucks last week here in Ontario Canada , but ,like never before, there are no new Volvos or Freightlinears available to pick up right away from dealer, have to wait 5-6 moths for a new truck.
    US Heavy Truck Sales

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Oldironfan Thanks this.
  9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Those numbers only matter if every single truck driver is OTR. Most are local, construction, LTL, straight truck, you name it. Sure there's a shortage, but only in the most popular lanes.

10. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    The OP just doesn't get it.

To the OP: You are NOT the customer. YOU are providing a service to your customer and they are paying YOU for that service. You screwed this up and they decided not to be your customer anymore. I'd have banned you too.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I have a feeling you're going to need a lot of it...

VIDEODROME, x1Heavy and 06driver Thank this.
  11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I can't talk right now , my mouth is full.

bryan21384 and tucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.