Time to stand up drivers!

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by Timeforchange, Jul 12, 2018.

If drivers strike against these rail yards would you shut it down for a few days to make a change?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2018.
  1. Yes, join the strike

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No, I'd have to pull out my box as usual and continue to be treated like s***

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I was going to cuss you out until I noticed you changed your avatar.
    Your right I can't cut being told when to work, and when to not work. By a electronic babysitter. I refuse to let computers rule over my life.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Since you were waiting for a lift ... there must have been a reason you where waiting for it.
    Your a job holder. When you are trouble for your employer , your employer fires you and replaces you with another job holder.
    By all means please enjoy your free time now. Make a picket sign and walk in circles in front of your old employer to show them you are standing up !!!!

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I may be blunt, but I speak honestly as I see it. I have no interest in trolling.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I am confused. OP wants to strike a yard he is banned from?

Sounds like his company is terminating contract and he is butt hurt over the consequences of his decisions.

Then another is #####ing how he wants to be gone yet is still here. Complaining his use of a public road is governed.

SMDH. Bye bye now. Go find your bliss.

IluvCATS and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    So the reefer is dead, the lucks busted, tires flat, missing wheels, whatever. You make sure that the repair corner of the yard which usually has a man or two Mr Fixits to get that right before you go back with it to the inspection line and pass with everything in working order before you take it out of the yard.

At the weights I hauled these boxes at, I refuse to take a box out on one or 4 flat tires. I'll stand over the fixit man and make sure those tires are fixed right there.

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    May not be the op's fault. If he is young , public schools teach that there is an oppressor and the oppresed. Of course weak minded people feel they are being oppressed. Young people think that people that have more than they have is unfair and oppressive. So you throw a tantrum when your a child and your not getting what you want. Its all over America now. World not giving you what you want ??? Then protest !!! Stand up !!! Or take a knee !!! Protest shout yell screamm go on strike your being treated like xxxxx. This is what children do and its Karl Marx at his best. Conflict conflict conflict. America is turning into a romper room full of children.

9. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I was going to say something. Then I forgot what it was.

10. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    America, the land of the victim and the home of the offended...

IluvCATS, driverdriver and 06driver Thank this.
  11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yep, you need to get we are not the customer, they are.

Your time is worth what you agree to it being worth, don't like the way things work, then sell the trucks and get a "subway" shop.

Waiting is sometimes the part we need to deal with because competition isn't limited - my message - and if you are not willing to wait, then someone else will step up and do the work at a cheaper rate than you are charging.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.