Tinting on truck windows is legal

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bryan515, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Please keep things civil in here. Personal attacks make a thread less useful to the rest of the community. Thank you for your cooperation!

largecarwilly and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. largecarwilly

largecarwilly Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2011
    somewhere out there
    Comment removed by moderator :biggrin_2553:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  4. llloXolll

llloXolll Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Lake Butler, FL

Thats an easy arguement to win in court. If you have the medical waiver it should not mean you can't drive a truck or have to "suffer" becuase you drive a truck.

As for being pulled over due to tint being too dark, thats probable cuase. They can use that reason to pull you over and move on into searches, of course the tint does not give PC for a search but your actions, reactions, demeanor and anything visual within sight after the initial stop can result in search. Best bet is to go with the flow. I personally will not authorize a search, make the Officer show his PC for said search. He may be a pr1ck and call for a K9 unit but even then he can only legally hold you for a "reasonable" amount of time to await the K9 and even then he needs to have PC to suspect that there is reason to push for that.

Pertaining to the Officer making you remove tint while writing the ticket, check the law of the state, I believe you can refuse such action due to the glue substance from the tint creating a safety hazard until it is properly removed as well. Hard to see through a window with glue stuck to it.

07-379Pete Thanks this.
  5. KajunTankerYanker

KajunTankerYanker Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2011
    GrandLake,Louisiana
    if you dive a real truck with flat split windows any glass shop can cut you some darker windshields, my old 359 had bronze glass in it , and was legal, i did get inspected quit a lot though,just a thought t-boy!

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Try it and let me know.

They were advised to remove the tint.

7. 07-379Pete

07-379Pete Crusty Commando-Pete

Oct 3, 2008
    Campbellsville, Ky
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVHNylH1Mk[/ame]

8. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    Many states have a provision in their window tint law for a medical waiver.

CMV window tint regulation is Federal regulation, not state. There is no mechanism built into it for medical waivers on window tint.

However, I have seen one genuine waiver from FMCSA for window tint due to medical issues. To apply to CMV's it has to come from FMCSA, not from a doctor.

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  9. llloXolll

llloXolll Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Lake Butler, FL

My knowledge is state, if this is the case then my arguement would not hold up but would still be a good fight to fight.

10. JohnCooperWorks

JohnCooperWorks Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Orlando
    Ronin

Former gsm, f&i,ucm and sales person for the past 28 years and thinking of a career change to trucking.

Every dealership job open in my market is entry level with a payplan to match .I do not want to start over with todays business model of greeters,greenpeas , no gross and being micro managed by a 30 y.o. ordertaker that thinks 60k a year is what a deskman should make.

Mid 40s no wife or kids ,sold the big house,boat and porsche and have zero overhead.

What is your opinion of otr for a few years paying my dues in the transportation industry then becoming a o/o hauling cars for auctions ,dealers or doing reefer ?

pm with your opinion.

Thanks
    JD

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    He is no longer on the forum.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.