Tipping the people who clean the showers?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BugEater, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I tip when the service deserves it.
    Above and beyond gets a tip.
    Simply doing your job adequately does not.
    Stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and if the room was well cleaned I'd leave 2 to 5 dollars. This one was not so I didn't leave a tip.
    The breakfast area was immaculate w the woman taking great care to keep up w the mess, the coffee and keeping the food stocked..left her the money instead and let her know why.
    My wife thinks I tip too much but for good service 10% just doesn't cut it anymore.
    If I saw a cleaning attendant doing 110% I would leave them a tip.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zzzz

Zzzz Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2022
    Yes I do, but only if place is clean.

4. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    I have never left a tip for a motel cleaning person. Even though the room appears clean if you wake around in white socks they will be dirty because the carpet is not clean. How do you know if they sanitized the bathroom after the last guest? They accepted the job based on hourly pay and usually they do the quickest job possible.

The truck stop shower people have more than one job to do like janitor etc. so they are always busy doing something other than cleaning the showers therefore they are quick cleaned at best and usually not that good. They too accepted the job knowing what was involved.

Waitresses on the other hand do not make the same pay like minimum wage therefore they rely on tips to compensate the difference. If a waitress is doing her job she will always get at least 25% from me. If they ignore me and do not care or show any enthusiasm then the tip goes down and sometimes to 0 if they are that bad.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  5. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I don’t tip for showers, but if the truck stops hired full time bouncers to kick ### wipes taking breaks at the pumps in the nuts, I’d tip that guy for a job well done.

6. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I make sure I leave a buck, it's a small act of caring that means more than the money itself.

FT/KENT-KEY WEST and Opus Thank this.
  7. Wolfie425

Wolfie425 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2022
    I actually clean the showers with cleaner. Just started here less than 2 weeks ago but I'm also working on deep cleaning these things. There's a lot of mold build up and brown film on the tile (not sure what that is). I also leave little notes with chocolate for our drivers. Not all of us just wipe it dry!

Dennixx, MartinFromBC, Siinman and 3 others Thank this.
  8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If it is obvious that the shower cleaner or hotel housekeeper has gone above and beyond, then I will do the same thing by leaving a $5 or better. Otherwise I don't normally tip these people.

Restaurant servers and the woman who cuts my hair get tipped rather generously. The only time I ever tip below 20% is if the service was way below expectations, which usually is bad enough to warrant a brief conversation with the manager.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I tip very well for the individuals that bathe and wipe her dry.
    62585FB1-EA84-4C8D-9823-E7331D9993D8.jpeg A874AF79-38EC-4D6A-8225-4298C7937F7C.jpeg

Dennixx Thanks this.
  10. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Getting to the point where you got to tip everyone and everything they do.

Wage to low? Get a better job.

RockinChair and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  11. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I usually leave a buck.

silverspur Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.