Titan Transfer to Offer CDL Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by DRAGON64, May 13, 2017.

1. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I used to fly into Shelbyville all the time just for fun , nice airport. Now I could fly from my backyard in Kokomo to work in Shelbyville , lol
    I would have to leave a car or my bike there to get the rest of the way to work unless its within walking distance. :Do_O

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    A small update; Traing will happen at the old Titan yard in Shelbyville, TN. Training will be on the stick, not the automatic.

tscottme and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Any info on start date?

dennisroc and DRAGON64 Thank this.
  5. DRAGON64

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    June 26th I believe is when the first class starts.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Dragon 64, how do you like Titan honestly please? i'm talking with Jim an older gentleman recruiter there, very nice man and am seriously considering them. let me know when you can. Thanks.

Chinatown and DRAGON64 Thank this.
  7. DRAGON64

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    I just completed the 8-week training course yesterday, and I have loved every minute of it. You can't not get miles here at Titan, unless you just did not show up. Note here, I have no other company to compare them to, as I have not driven for anyone else in a long time, so I don't want to come off as a fan boi... My trainer and I talked at length with the VP of Titan yesterday, and I have to say Titan has a good business model in mind to work on driver retention. You are home every week, with the potential of 3000+ miles weekly. Does this mean you have to run the North East? Yes, there is quite a bit of NE freight. My trainer would tell me that he loves running up I81, as the miles clicking off is money to him. NE freight is drop and hook a lot of the time. I do not know where you hail from, but Titan has a lot of freight. As for Jimmy, what he says is straight up the truth. My wife and I sat in his office for an hour and a half last December, and everything he has told me, has been truth! I would have no problem recommending Titan to anyone ready to make money! If you would like, and are close to Shelbyville, TN I would highly recommend the trainer I had... very patient, knowledgeable and fun to run with.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Chinatown, SHOJim and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've seen their ads for drivers as far west as Phoenix.

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  9. DRAGON64

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    Yes, they have a terminal in Tuscon.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Thanks Dragon, i live in N.C. still looking hard at Online Transport, Abilene, and Titan.

11. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Do they have any dedicated around Indiana that might get me more home time ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.