TMC Drivers out of Memphis & Nashville TN $$$

Discussion in 'TMC' started by MyTireHurt, Aug 9, 2018.

1. MyTireHurt

MyTireHurt Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Any drivers located in Memphis or Nashville and or generally the state of Tennessee care to share what you are averaging NET weekly?

I spoke with the recruiter told her I am comfortable actually with a 5-8 week out and 4 days off schedule. M-F obviously would be ok, I just know the best way to make it is to run hard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Sorry, but no it isn't. Running smart staying in good freight lanes would be better. From that area you should be able to get home weekly without it affecting your check much at all.

MyTireHurt, Highway Sailor and McUzi Thank this.
  4. MyTireHurt

Aug 9, 2018
    You're right (Running Smart). I guess I am just alittle confused about the reasoning behind why some flatbed drivers make under $1,000k a week. I have read several post on different forums, I can tell their are some entitled and some lazy drivers.

But I really would like to run 8-12 weeks and home 3 days. I wonder on average what could I net and or is it even worth it.

Any examples?

5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    The majority of the reasons they make less than $1000 a week is because they are seeing after tax numbers as well as not playing the percentage game properly. If you work the game to have a 32% snapshot vs. the minimum 27%, figure that running $4000 of revenue to the truck in a week will yield a $200 difference (both over $1k gross), and that's before accessorials like tarping/detention etc. Giving you an average of what you could net is virtually impossible, however, you can see a LOT wider variety of freight lanes by staying out for so long. My trainer showed me his 2017 W2 from TMC showing over $74k in wages for 2017, and he goes home 3 out of 4 weekends of the month. General principles that apply would be that freight going into the Northeast and Florida is pretty good paying, but going out generally is not the best unless you're looking at multiple day runs to the middle or opposite side of the country. Better paying loads are afforded to those who get unloaded as early as possible in the morning.

Farva, Highway Sailor and MyTireHurt Thank this.
  6. MyTireHurt

Aug 9, 2018
    Very informative!! Thanks!! I've been approved for both TMC and Roehl. Awaiting to set dates.

I've notice some drivers say be posted up by 9pm on Sundays at your Monday drop off. So are these guys taking a Friday afternoon/evening, Saturday and Sunday Morning off? Then head out Sunday Afternoon to the location?

7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Going to tmc right out of the bat you'll be at the mercy of your dispatcher, if you aren't their favorite, they can really #### you paychecks to hell. I caught mine lying tome twice before i fired him and got a different dispatcher.

stwik and MyTireHurt Thank this.
  8. MyTireHurt

Aug 9, 2018
    That is insane man! So how is it going now for you? Have a good rhythm going or have you left TMC?

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I left tmc 6 months after starting with them. That was 3 and a half years ago. My current gig is having oversize for a company out of the Milwaukee area averaging about $2000 a week. Sometimes more... like this week. I delivered this on monday, and made $3700 20180808_094936.jpg

MyTireHurt Thanks this.
  10. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I keep this trend, i'll hit 85k by years end, maybe 90k if i get a big steak

McUzi and MyTireHurt Thank this.
  11. MyTireHurt

Aug 9, 2018
    That is nice man, super nice. That is something else I hear alot of lots of drivers leaving after 6-12 months only using TMC for a stepping stone.

So have you never heard of a single driver making $1.6k net or more with TMC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.