TMC Drivers out of Memphis & Nashville TN $$$

Discussion in 'TMC' started by MyTireHurt, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    It's certainly possible, I've got a few friends still there on the specialized side making around $2k a week. So it's definitely possible, but takes some ### kissing and either getting onthe specialized side, or becoming a trainer

McUzi and MyTireHurt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    As stupid as it seems I took home more money at 28 percent then I did at 32. Go figure.

McUzi and MyTireHurt Thank this.
  4. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I had a two stop insulation load in Ny around Syracuse area. I parked at the job site the night before and didn't start my clock until I had the first stop off. Drove to my second stop and was unloaded and sent my empty in with 12 hours left on my clock it was around 0900. I parked behind a walmart waiting for a dispatch on my next load. My fleet manager calls me and tells me the planner has a load that picks up @ 1800 and you will need a full clock because it delivers over night. I told them to hit the road I have 12 hours on my clock it's 0900 find me something else. That was the beginning of the end. Planners rule ! Your just a driver of a truck that the planner has a need for at that moment. They don't care about you, they care about what they make by moving the freight they have.

MyTireHurt Thanks this.
  5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Different FM during that time frame, better loads etc?

MyTireHurt Thanks this.
  6. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I went from a great FM to a crap FM that was a yes boy to the planners. Said to my self If your not going to work for me, I'm not going the extra mile for you. No more sunday night parking at the receiver and busting my ars. Started making more money pulling 5 loads a week and home on weekends. Except when I was in the Indy shop.

MyTireHurt and McUzi Thank this.
  7. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    1.6k net is #### near 3k gross for most people (with an honest tax situation) which would put you at almost 150k a year I think that’s #### near impossible

MyTireHurt, McUzi and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  8. KMB

KMB Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Did you switch to another company to make the more money pulling the 5 loads per week and home on the weekends?

MyTireHurt Thanks this.
  9. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    No, I was still with TMC. I have been gone almost two years now.

MyTireHurt Thanks this.
  10. KMB

KMB Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Ok. So when you did park up on a Sunday, you were getting 6 loads a week? And generally when did you get home at the end of the week (Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday morning)? Just doing research on TMC as a possibility where I'll apply. Home weekends is important to me.

MyTireHurt Thanks this.
  11. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I would park at the consignee Sunday nights unless I was within one hour of my house then I would pull out in the morning. Parking at the consignee Sunday night allows you not to start your clock until you are empty. that can be at 0800 >2000 all depends on how fast they are on a Monday morning. I never wanted to load steel on a Mondays too many weekend hangovers and slow movers. Most often you will run 5 loads a week, most of the time get home Friday evenings or Saturday mornings. Most of the time you will only be home for your 34 and every so often you may get less and be forced to run recap for that week. The best practice is to empty out first thing in the morning, reload late morning to get as close to the consignee as you can to keep the cycle moving forward. However.... there are various reasons that can put a wrench into your plans that you have no control over. TMC would always tell the drivers how to improve their time management but they (TMC) were the biggest reason your clock would tic tic tic away.

MyTireHurt and KMB Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.