TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 23, 2006.

1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I did 17 loads week before last. Now that was fun. :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    lol what moving them ACROSS THE STREET LOL

4. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Nobody said it does. All the same there is no need for you to be a condescending prick to anyone you think is beneath you and your years. You have to realize that just because you have decided to tolerate something for 20+ years doesn't automatically mean that a fresh set of eyes is out of line for pointing out flaws. It also doesn't detract from the way you've spent your past years which I'm guessing is probably a big part of the chip you are carrying around. I'm a newbie to OTR, I'm not a newbie to commercial driving. In fact I'm willing to bet I've seen some things you haven't and I'm sure you've seen plenty that I haven't. I'm not sure why you think that drivers with less time in than you are somehow disqualified from sharing their experiences but it's getting old.

5. bangngears

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio

first of all dont call me names, that can get you hurt and second i call it as i see it so if you dont like it dont read my posts!

6. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Pretty much, 18 miles. The USAF doesn't want its new shingles stored outside under tarps. They must be inside in the air conditioning.

(lol)

7. bangngears

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio

that is too funny, some of these places are crazy with the shingles, they want them tarped so they dont get wet. now i can understand this if they are the paper wrapped shingles but when they are in plastic and the pallet is wrapped in plastic, well thats just crazy. well all i can say is thats alot of work i hope you are not on miles because it is a rough to make money on that short of a trip

8. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I'm on miles unless I do 8 or more short loads, then I get paid 2800 to make up for it.

The shingles were all plastic wrapped sitting on concrete, tarped, at a pre-approved location. As soon as they were all set up out there, the inspector guy came out and said oh wait, this won't work, they have to be in a climate controlled warehouse or we won't pay for it. So the company hired us and two other trucks to move them on their dime to a place up the road. That place happened to be 18 miles from my house so it made for a nice week. 5 loads a day and home for the night. My log looked like a seismograph. Finished on Thursday and capped the week off with a run up to Chicago where I offloaded and reloaded at the same place and did a short hop to Michigan. Nice and cool up there.

9. bangngears

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    well thats not a bad deal, lol have to keep the shingles cool woould not want them to get too hot. what ####### oh well its their money, and makes us money

10. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    You know, shorter one day runs usually pay a much better per mile rate than the longer ones do.

Any O/O Will tell you that.

11. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan

I don't see anything here to indicate that CPL thinks he "knows it all", in fact most of what he said was true they do tell you that 5 loads per week should be your goal, (We all know it's actually your revenue) BUT they still tell you 5 loads a week if your regional.

He also indicated that he's rarely "lucky enough" to get the multi day loads and then you prodded him implying that he was stupid for running 5 loads a week as if it was his choice, obviously his fleet manager doesn't give him load options like some of ours do/did.

Also, don't think i saw him crying. Most of his posts are pretty biased. He's never once said that TMC was a bad company, or really complained in a whiny sort of way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.