TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Keendriver

Keendriver Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    Wow! are you gonna beat somebody up over the internet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    internet rambo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    BNG Couldn't agree with you more.

5. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    there good and bad in everything and that kid sounded like he just didnt want to be there with his comment about(i only wanted to drive o/o for a short time so another company would hire him????seems what hes sayong is i spent $6ooo in school and i played truckdriver for 4 mths and i dont like not being home and i had to do 5 loads a week ?????well #### son a grown man should have to put his big boy pants on to go to work! alot of real drivers would do what it take to get the job done ! its the nature of the beast!!! and mabey this is why the big companys are doing what they are doing to weed out the wana bes????? but then again this job aint for everybody it can seperat the men from the boys

dollylama Thanks this.
  6. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    If he would've toughened up and stayed another 6 months or so it would've gotten alot easier.

Some people just think they can make great money being a steering wheel holder, and that couldn't be farther from the truth. To some extent, though, you have to put the blame somewhere for this false image that's perceived as truck driving, and I'm comfortable placing it on the recruiters for the most part.

dollylama Thanks this.
  7. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    You know I fully intended to come on here today and apologize for the name calling because it is childish and unproductive, then I read your reply.
    That is correct, I've only been given load options twice in five months. I'm sure once I've been with my FM long enough or once I stop speaking my mind (whichever comes first) I'll probably start to get the options. I realize that my job is to pull the freight the company needs pulled and sometimes that means I have a couple of weeks like the ones I just had where I'm pulling five loads none of which has revenue or miles over 600. I've never refused a load regardless of whether or not I wanted to pull it. Right now I'm just looking forward to getting back out west where I've had the best luck.

8. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..isn't anyone here on percentage now or did TMC drop that option; I'd like to know if any of the percentage drivers are makin' any money there? Well anyway the 'skates' are busy here on I-5 (oregon); lots of 'em haulin processed lumber & building materials runnin' north & south, but most of them south..

9. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Percentage is still an option, I think it's more common than mileage. I was going to switch to % next week but I'm leaving TMC instead. My old job called and offered me a job pulling a bulker now that business is picking back up a bit.

10. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    hmmmm go figure

11. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    yes i am on percentage, i started on it and have stayed with it. i do the math every trip and only a few loads would i have made more money but on some of the shorter loads i would have lost a bundle if i was on cpm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.