TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 23, 2006.

1. MICHAEL00

MICHAEL00 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2009
    uvalde,texas
    I would like to know some info on tmc also. I will be going to school here in southtexas and would love to join the team but everybody dogs them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbshadow

jbshadow Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Over the road
    TMC monitors all drivers for compliance of fmcsr guidelines, it is up to you as a driver to make sure that you maximize your hours and log it legally. That said, do drivers stretch the 11/14 rule, yes, sometimes you have to. FWIW, I also run east coast quite a bit.

4. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Years ago, even before i started, TMC diddn't care if you ran illegal, though they wouldn't ever force you to do so. At the time there were alot of drivers "maximizing" their time legally, that was all nipped in the bud by some hefty DOT fines, and is no longer an issue.

Do they let you get away with little things here and there? Perhaps. 3000 drivers are a chore to keep track of. Will you get busted if you are a repeat offender? Absolutely.

They never asked me to run illegal, if anything ever came up that disabled me from making my delivery on time, my Fleet manager would simply reschedule the load, i never got into any trouble for anything out of my control.

Good luck to you.

southernbamaboy Thanks this.
  5. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    TMC being banned from the east coast is absolute bunk, it's not even possible.

6. eckz

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yeah i agree, never heard of that before hehe.

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    If you have the choice, go flatbed. I made a career out of vans, and I still regret it. Yeah, flats require more physical layer, but I consider that a bonus. Keeps you in better physical condition, which makes this career a whole lot easier. I did some local flat back in the day (not enough to really count, unfortunately) and I absolutely loved it! Yeah, it's rough. But way worth it.

8. eckz

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    I agree 100%. After a while the work isn't really hard anymore, but it's still nice to spend some time outside of the truck moving around. I don't imagine i'll ever want to pull anything besides flatbed.

I like having to use my brain to tie stuff down sometimes, too. >.<

9. kindsoul

kindsoul Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    columbus, OH
    I like that, you have to maximize your hours and log it legally. This is true though they won't tell you to do this. Trucking you learn in school and the real thing are two different animals. If you have a morning delivery and you won't make it till 11:00pm, and its for 8:00am. you'll say on your logs you got their at 10:00pm even though you get there at 11:00. You are not going to stop and make an hour drive because you want to get that untarped and unstraped before you go on your clock for the next day. You do a hell of a lot more work then 14 hours if your making any money. just be careful you don't stretch that book too far or they can calculate your lie.

But TMC does not tolorate driving dirty. they do things by the book. I left because flatbeddin sucks right now and I have a regional route with my new company.

10. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I like to park at the customer, take the straps off, and let the forklift unloading me wake me up in the morning. Hey, I'm not on duty until I get up and out. I usually don't wake up until they're half done anyway, lol.

11. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..i thought TMC had a rule you couldn't be in the truck when they are unloading, thought i read that here on an ealier post, maybe it was another thread, correct me if I'm wrong..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.