TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 23, 2006.

1. strnspeed

strnspeed Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2008
    you think 4-5 times is too much go do dry van. ive had it happen up to 15 times a week. and eckz dont start just fyi ive done reefer van flat and tanker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GrimmReaper451

GrimmReaper451 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Did you like tanker strn? I'm interested in driving a tanker but it's not easy finding a company that will give a new CDL holder a chance.

4. kindsoul

kindsoul Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    columbus, OH

All I said was "Safety isn't silly". If you think this isn't true then you are really ignorant. If a company puts you in a unsafe area to secure your load and you get hurt doing your job, you are not acting in a safe manor. Call Todd if you think I am wrong, wait, that would indicate that you work for TMC. With your view on safety, I doubt it. BTW, the only thing you pointed out is that I am a newb trucker. That would be correct, but I am not a kid. So don't think you know everything in the world because you been behind the wheel since the 80's. TMC had a driver unloading pipe in michigan last year, two days before Christmas. He was securing his straps while the forklift driver was unloading on the other side. The fork lift driver knocked the pipe off and killed the driver. He's dead and nothing will bring him back. If he was working in a safe manor this wouldn't have happened. yet you say safety is silly. you are soooooo very ignorant.

5. kindsoul

Nov 24, 2008
    columbus, OH

15 times flat bed? The problem with flat bed is transfering all your equipment from one trailer to the other. I dont mind the actual drop and hook. I know you are suppose to fit all your stuff in the headache racks, but that is impossible if you just rolled your tarp up in a blizzard and its 0 degrees. The worst is moving your coil mats in a muddy parking lot from one belly rack to another. I'm happy not to have to do that anymore.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  6. kindsoul

Nov 24, 2008
    columbus, OH

We had several trainers during that week, I had tap tap twice. The other guy I had, who was way calmer, said that tap tap drove 10 speeds his whole career until he got a job training with TMC. My 5 week trainer was a great guy, unfortunatly he smelled really bad and smoked 4 packs a day. Nicest guy in the world though, he had boundless patience.

7. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan

Ok! My appologies!

8. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Once again your rattling off with your brand new knowledge. What I said was sometimes it isn't about safety. They have you do more dangerous stuff just so they don't get sued. That is silly. Another instance. I loaded one time. Had to put this bulky harness on. I was 13 foot off the ground. The stupid rip cord to keep me from hitting the ground was 14 foot long..... Great.. I would rather take my chances of falling and hitting the ground than landing on a belt that is going to shove a big D ring deep into my hips. I lowered it too the ground to show the shipper it hits the ground how is this going to save me? He said you have to wear it.... :biggrin_25524:
    I got an idea... won't you wait till you been to a few places to start rattling off all you know...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  9. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Notarps is simply trying to say that once you've been driving for a while you will start to realize the difference between "real safety" and "trying not to get sued".. As a driver it's your responsibility to know what you can do in a safe manner, but some of the things that these shippers and receivers require drivers to do are just downright silly, he wasn't saying that safety itself is silly.

cplmac2, HowUDoin and notarps4me Thank this.
  10. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
  11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I have 16 straps on this load. Does this look like someone who takes shortcuts or doesn't think about safety?
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.