TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 23, 2006.

1. suthernharleyryder

suthernharleyryder Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2007
    clinton, tennessee
    sorry eckz, might have got me mixed up with someonelse, my man has been with tmc for year now, he is looken to get out, otherwise looken at transferring with tmc to another area.
    update on dedicated route....going better, still not sure if he prefers it over the linehaul, but it has gotten better, not home anymore then he was on linehaul, they lost one guy for sure already, completley, thinken a few others are about to leave tmc to now. their loads got worse in dedicated then on linehaul, so they are really strugglen to make pay, so far my man has been lucky as with few others, pay is evenening out finally, so holding in there....lol.
    so is everyone getten ready for spring and warmer weather? hope everyone set their clocks ahead this past weekend...lol still some nasty winter weather out there folks...drive carefully and stay safe!!!!:biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    It will speed up when spring comes.

I've been doing surprisingly well, given that it is winter time.
    Last winter i averaged 550 per week, I'm doing at least 750 now.

If i stay out a few weeks i can bring home 1100+.
    I really, really like my new dispatcher. He has had me home early every Friday since I've been back, and I'm having great weeks.

4. jeff1200

jeff1200 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2008
    spokane wash
    So I'm listening to all this about tmc. Any word about their filing for bankrupcy protection last week? Their Couerd'alene office is what's left after they bought out yellowstone trucking and sold their 5 acre yard and now have a rented place in post falls that you might get 5 trucks in.I also understand they pay percentage instaed of per mile, so that 1.05 gross ain't going to pay to good.

5. stuge

stuge Light Load Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Georgetown TN
    maybe i am missing something, i just did a Google search for "TMC bankruptcy" and found nothing. please post the details of their filing or a link if you can. I am 2 weeks from graduation from CDL school and TMC is on the top of my list of places to go. If this is true, I'm gonna look elsewhere.

6. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    The rumor mill is running high right now with all companies, but especially among TMC drivers. I have heard everything from Harold Annett fired his son Tim for embezzeling $92 million to Tim simply quit over a disagreement.

I do not believe the bankruptcy filing rumor. TMC exists on cashflow, and one single thing would not cause enough of a cashflow crunch to necessitate bankruptcy. I have been running hard for several weeks bringing lots of revenue to the company and I have talked to several other people who say the same thing.

7. rob313

rob313 Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Dearborn,Michigan
    I heard on the radio that TMC sent a Qualcomm message to every driver stating that they should return their trucks to their home terminal that the company was closing its doors.

8. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    I find it hard to believe that TMC would be closing. When a company files for bankruptcy protection, that is what it is, it is a filing that allows them to stay in business without thier creditors demanding payment and possibly forcing them to sell off equipment to pay those bills which may cause a shutdown or reduction of the workforce.

9. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yes that right
    And if it gest real bad
    It takes three creditors to file for a forced bankruptcy, but normally this is after an original bankruptcy protection filing has not been followed through with
    Normally the companies name is mud by then

10. jeff1200

jeff1200 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2008
    spokane wash
    They closed their of terminal in columbia s. carolina. I hear they have lost some key accounts because of their filing for bankruptcy. Rumor I heard is they lost some court judgements they didn't think would go as high as they did. Again just rumor. Although one driver i talked with quit after being there 16 years. Says it's just going downhill.

11. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    they "closed their of terminal?" say what? are you saying they closed the columbia terminal? how is that? they told me to come to orientation there next week.

do any of you people have any evidence of that which you're speaking? or are you just talking out of your bung holes? rumors, heresay and "I heard" aren't evidence.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.