TMC Weekly Pay

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Rob332, Dec 24, 2008.

1. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    That is the truth cplmac, you have to think like that or you just won't make it.

I kind of think of it like education/experience...College is not free, but you usually get some kind of education,, well I guess experience comes with a price as well...

I will be moving on as well when I have enough experience for a local job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SgtMac

SgtMac Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2009
    streator,IL
    seems like a lot of people use TMC like this... I myself am prior military and going to go thru the "apprentice" program, so i can collect my GI bill ($1300 a month)and still get a normal paycheck.. and get the experience i need. I can do the apprenticeship program for up to 1yr and after that Im out and goin local. plenty of farmers with small fleets around here goin strong. Im just waitin now to go to orientation... here at the end of the month.

4. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    When I got out the GI Bill benefit was something like $400/mo. but I never used it.

5. SgtMac

SgtMac Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2009
    streator,IL
    you could at TMC you still might be able too! never know!!

6. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    if you were discharged less than 10 years ago, it is up to the comapny. i was planning on using mine like, but i am going to send the old lady to ol miss instad. free school and will make 999 a month for "living expences"

7. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    I finished active duty in '98, my GI Bill window is closed.

8. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD

You must be talking about the Post 9/11 GI Bill....not a bad deal at all. Especially if one can meet all the "criteria" the Navy has placed on the transferability of the benefit.

I am giving serious consideration to switching over myself.

R/

Frat

9. kneedeep200

kneedeep200 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2009
    gadsden,al
    wow!300 a week! my husband left tmc after years with them b/c they could not find him loads.he always said the truck stops looked like tmc term. he found a small flate bed company and she is able to bring home 800 after taxes and still stop by the house once or so a week.altho he is mostly hauling coils.i dont think i would let my husband stay away from the kids all week for 300 dollars...i do understand that anything is better than nothing but i dont see how 300 is worth the time and then you still have to eat on the road.that cost a little to do that.i wish you guys the best....it will have to get better sooner or later

10. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    bringing home 500-600 a week, sometimes 400, sometimes 700. too inconsistent.brought home 1050 one week, but that was a Deere run to Laredo that took up half the previous week for which I brought home 200, so it still averaged out to 625 a week. NO WAY would I stay for 400 bucks a week on average, my hard work is worth more. 300 a week, would have been long gone.

11. craigp

craigp Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2009
    cullmam, al
    wow!!!! X 2... Lotta time away from family,,,gone all week,,, draggin tarps,,, throwin chains,, $625 weekly avg. Tell me there's is more...plz..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.