TNI/tri national Laredo Tx, Pharr Tx

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mbnpro, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    This company advertises the best home time in the industry. Stay home as long as you want leave when you want. They advertise bonuses and $1800 a week. The trucks look decent. The recruiter will tell you that there is slip seating but only if you plan on being out of your truck longer than two days. They want you to clean out the truck so someone else can use it. Once you’re signed on, you will get a phone call from a terminal in Missouri and you will be assigned a dispatcher from hell. The first thing he will tell you is that you’re not allowed to keep your truck no matter what. Every time you come back home to do a reset you must clean out the equipment because someone else might want to use it. And they will be very adamant in telling you the recruiter is a liar. They will not assign a truck to you until they get a load for you out of South Texas. And they will not assign the truck until 10 hours before you tell them you’re leaving. And you’re expected to leave out at the time you tell them and drive 11 hours. they expect you to be at your drop point in the exact amount of hours It takes to get there per the ELD with breaks. Some of the reasons people quit this job is when the driver is ready to leave, there is no load and you’re put on a waiting list. Sitting around day and night, Waiting for a phone call to go out is not how drivers like to spend their home time. The reason you see these guys driving the truck at 80 mph everywhere is because they’re too busy trying to beat the ELD for fear of their dispatchers and meeting insane delivery times.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Sounds like way too much micro-managing and office personnel who don't get along with each other.

Flat Earth Trucker, mjd4277 and Mbnpro Thank this.
  4. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Have you worked anywhere that you were happy?

I've never seen a TNI do over 70. My truck does 72 and I've never been passed by TNI on the open road.

5. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    Yeah, I actually was. I was an owner operator with my own authority for 14 years and sold everything because I got tired of the crap. Went back to driving company trucks and all I keep running into is horrible companies treating drivers like crap. So I’m posting my experiences to help drivers like you keep from making the same mistakes I did. I thought that’s why we were on here.?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    It is but if all you do is complain about every company you ever worked for you come off as a complainer. Especially when you make 3 threads complaining about different companies in one 24 hour period.

I mean NOTHING is going to be perfect, man. I hate to tell you that. You decided to sell your truck and run as a company driver. That comes with some crap. You just gotta learn to tolerate it, at least to some degree. You are not just a company driver, you gave up your ability to really dictate things like loads, runs, areas you run, etc. You're one of us peons, now.

You think you have a reason to complain? I got shot 6 times while on duty at an old company yard and then had most of the stuff in my truck stolen by the head safety guy while I was in rehab and given to other drivers. I haven't even named them on this forum yet as a bad company to work for. Don't complain, at least you don't have 11 bullet holes in your body.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  7. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    Well I’m really sorry that you take it as a complaint and that I’m a complainer. I thought that I was actually helping other drivers by giving details on what’s gonna go on if you choose a particular company. If you don’t like my posts or my threads, nobody said you had to read them or comment on them. Based on what I’ve posted in the last 24 hours, they’ve had a lot of people reading them. I wish you well in your travels and I hope I don’t see you post on anything else that I have because if I do, I’ll have to report you. You might also want to read the title of these threats it says good and bad companies. Why are you on here? If you don’t wanna know this stuff? Safe travels

JJ 501 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Another great writeup, thanks. Don't mind the naysayers, they are everywhere.

9. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I did a short stint there in 18 other than the pay scale being towards the low end I thought they were pretty driver friendly. The whole you don’t keep a truck isn’t a secret there.

BennysPennys and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    @UturnGirl used to work there until they forced her to resign because of a speeding ticket IIRC. If you PM her I’m sure she can give you more specific details on what went down.

Lonesome and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The slip seating would be annoying to me. With the freight lanes they have, and the amount of terminals they have, I'm surprised that they don't assign trucks to drivers. Their drivers seem to run hard though.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.