to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    We don’t have the option. As soon as we trip the tailgate it automatically deflates the bags.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    If you’re in a frame dump operation I can understand the need not being there to dump the bags, frameless is a whole different ball game.

4. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Crickets in here lately.........

650cat425 Thanks this.
  5. hannafarms

hannafarms Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Here a subject to stop crickets. How does one find a company to haul for locally running end dump or belly or side? I would be willing to get my own trailer and authority. I worked for a local quarry but they don’t hire any owner operators they basically just run belly graveling the roads and only use one of the 12 dump trucks to do local deliveries. They could probably do more but they don’t care to plus they can’t find any drivers lol there’s many reasons why.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  6. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    In Florida’s, there’s no less than 5 companies within an hour of me that lease on O/O’s for local aggregate work, dumps and flatbeds make up a large group of local owners in central Florida.

650cat425 and hannafarms Thank this.
  7. hannafarms

hannafarms Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I live in southeast Minnesota there are a lot of dump truck outfits not many end dumps but I do see end dumps around. The closest dump truck outfits which there are atleast 5 have a lot of there own trucks so they don’t lease on anyone. I have a lead on one place that maybe a possibility but they are 42 miles from my house. Most of the companies that lease on local stuff are up in the Minneapolis st.paul area but that is about 80miles from where I live.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  8. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    D99B71BC-E6EB-4F93-AAEE-0A0F8BF76127.jpeg
    Staying busy in Bright Lights still. Doin a lot of aggregate work around town. Every time we get to a concrete plant, the loader is like a vulture waiting for us to pull away so they can scoop it up. Or if it’s a pit dump, by the time we get back it’s empty. We have 6 new trailers to get out of Knox, IN. My boss said he’s hoping it rains next week so he can send us up to get them, cuz they’re crying they want them off their lot. Hope the new batch of flat top Petes are done over the weekend, as it was brought to my attention a new truck is in my near future. I’ll post pics. Hope everyone else is staying busy!

9. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    I had a week that I wouldn’t mind hitting the restart button on, it started out well but Tuesday morning I was dispatched to a load of scrap, one of the better places I’ve been to in the past. I arrived and they had two materials they wanted to load, get in place and the grapple operator, on the first grab none the less, put a huge pipe through my tarp and nearly pulled it off the side of my trailer, in an attempt to straighten out the bent bar as a result of this I made one misguided swing with a 9 pound sledge and nearly took the tip of my left index finger off, 5 stitches later and the rest of the week was kind of a wash. I did get another load in and I’m pre loaded with rock to deliver by the house Monday, simply not the way I wanted the week to go, I’ll be glad when this year is behind us.

Attached Files:

RockinChair and 650cat425 Thank this.
  10. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    @motocross25 i saw one of your co workers yesterday in Troy, AL heading south on 231, I was already parked for the night as he cruised by. I had to stop by the doctor today to get my stitches removed, I’ll head out in the morning and continue on to Fort Lauderdale. @tndriver, I ran across one of your coworkers as well yesterday in Birmingham at the J, pretty sure it wasn’t you, if it was, sorry for not saying hello.

motocross25 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  11. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea they had a hot shipment of tie plates to go down there in Florida, so a few of them loaded in KC and shot down there. I forget where the destination exactly was. Lake Somethin-or-other. Then they gettin fertilizer out of some port and going to Savannah GA. Small world!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    650cat425 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.