to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Joseph-Venport

Joseph-Venport Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Where the kingpin is centered between the drive tires makes a big difference on how easy a tractor dump trailer gets stuck in uneven ground.

blade and NightWind Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I think I’ve been on this forum about as long as you have and I never knew the posts are numbered!! So I tried to look through your posts. Only thing I figured out is if I ever get down to Alabama I hope you have some shine to share

NightWind Thanks this.
  4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I did not intend to start a disagreement but for the very reason you guys are disagreeing is is the reason I’m asking on here instead of just going off whoever they have me follow or whatever training I receive in the yard it seems that there are several different reasons to do this job it I’m having trouble seeing the difference between pulling the truck and trailer forward after the hoist is completely raised or letting the trailer come to you after you get to the third or forth stage I don’t want to make this a issue of who is right you both have been making your ways work

5. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    No one is disagreeing. Each of us are right for the situation we are in. We each have different trailers, have different experiences to share and haul different products, its all good! Pay attention to who ever you follow and everyone else around, you'll learn a lot that way. Always follow your "gut feeling". LOL on the shine.
    Did you find the numbers on the post? Don't feel bad lots of people don't notice the numbers on the post.

6. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    How about putting a level before you dump?
    That way you at least know you start flat.

blade Thanks this.
  7. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I’m actually going to pick one up this weekend I seen that mentioned in video on YouTube

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    To be honest no I still don’t see them but I think that’s do to the fact I’m on my phone and not a laptop or desktop but I could be wrong and just blind

9. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Jimmy Wink of Wink Trailers has an anti tip device that you can install on your truck that will lower the trailer if it gets in level. Check the videos out.
    Anti Tipping Feature

blade Thanks this.
  10. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I’m glad to hear I didn’t create a issue.. I know a half round in not in my immediate future.. 40ft square box aluminum frameless 66 in sides no liner

11. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    That I have seen also seen those poly trailers they make I’ve heard they don’t hold up. The anti tip device seems like a pretty kool gig but

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.