to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Pretty cool stuff. Yea night dumping can definitely be challenging but the challenge is what makes dump trucking fun. Have ya ever dumped in a cave ? I've done that and dumped inside a d.o.t storage bldg. One of those dome like things they store salt in. I think it's called a quanset hut. I could be wrong about the term. But anyway those were two pretty cool unloads.

650cat425 and motocross25 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Wrapping up my week with another load of “crap”, I mean scrap. I cringe at some of the places we go, picture doesn’t do it much justice but it’s literally like a corn maze of scrap trying to get in this place, if you’re not on your toes you’ll rip a bumper off or hook a tire, made it in to load, getting out remains the challenge. Happy Friday! 4659FCB9-6DFF-4794-9AA0-3412D18CDB6A.jpeg

4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I remember scrap yards causing me to always having to spend a good 20 minutes or so having to clean all my tires to prevent getting a flat.

5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    We don’t dump in many caves. There’s some caves around KC that store salt and we have belly dumps and hoppers that string it out. But yea I’ve dumped in my fair share of state department quonset huts! You’re right it is pretty neat.

6. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Well @Trashtrucker1707 you must have subliminally jinxed me from down south there. I was backing thru a scrap yard today to preload for Monday. Typical scrap yard crap. Muddy rutted and a disaster. I backed thru a mud hole and there was a piece of iron at the bottom. When my steer backed over it the weight of the truck pushing down on one end, brought the other end up. Right into my bumper which in turn pushed up into my fender. Everything was just right for angles to be wrong. I was absolutely livid with myself. I called it in and my boss said “it’s alright. You don’t have x Ray vision. We go to a lot of scrap yards these things happen.” Still makes me mad. Brand new truck 25k on the clock and I go and do this. :mad:

BF8AD63B-ABE0-43BC-93D8-9320663C16B5.jpeg

7. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Hate it for you @motocross25 i was able to get out of my situation relatively unscathed, try not to let it get to you too much, hopefully you can straighten up the bumper and sand out and repair the fender

8. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea I brought it down to the shop and they said “oh hell. That’s an easy fix. They keep sending you guys to scrap yards that’s what’s going to happen”. I think the only people who hate scrap yards more than the drivers is the shop. They’re constantly changing tires, fixing holes in trailers from dumping it and patching tarps from rebar sticking thru them. It just sucks. Stuff like that drives me nuts.

9. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Our shop has the same sentiment for scrap yards, if I’m being honest, so do I. The unfortunate part about it is that scrap pays really well down here, so we pretty much make the best of whatever happens. As far as the SX season goes, it’s off to a pretty good start, Barcia came out firing on the GasGas to win the first round, tomac took the second round, and they’ll race round 3 tomorrow night. The lites class looks pretty stacked too, Craig holds the red plate right now, but Colt Nichols is keeping him honest, of course Forkner and Jett Lawrence are right there too.

NightWind and 650cat425 Thank this.
  10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    @motocross25
    Happy birthday and wishes for many more!
    That did look yummy!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.