to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Hello boys and girls! Happy New Year to all!
    I'm sorry about being MIA, it's just been crazy around here for me. Jimy and I are doing fine, just staying in places that I normally don't go, like Centre, AL and points north. Way out of my normal travel areas.
    I'll be perfectly honest I just haven't had the desire to get on line much this year. Can't explain it.
    Went yesterday and looked at another truck which do not need but I really liked until I had time to really "LOOK" at it up close and personal. I had a couple of my buddies go along (very rare for me to do) got their two cents worth and passed on the truck. I don't think the guy really wants to sell it to be honest, the price was very reasonable but when my Spidey sense say walk away I listen. He's going to spend a lot of money on it to customize it if he doesn't sell it. I say what ever makes you happy.
    @Trashtrucker1707 I look for you all the time but don't see you so we must be traveling in different areas right now. Maybe things will get back to normal soon. I'm considering doing some OTR but probably won't as spring is coming.
    On ELOGS I just don't care for being monitored by anyone electronically. I don't even use a toll road unless I just decide it's worth the headaches it can cause when your times don't match, which happens to me a good bit.
    I'll be looking for everyone out there, be safe and I will try to be on here more.
    Here's a picture can you guess where I am? Thunder at ESG_LI.jpg Thunder at ESG_LI.jpg

D.Tibbitt, 650cat425 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I know right where you’re at, tarp rack at ES&G. Good to see you back @NightWind i hear you from time to time, but haven’t seen you in a while. No surprise though considering that radio of yours talks about 100 miles :)

NightWind and 650cat425 Thank this.
  4. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    @Trashtrucker1707 Yup that's where I was! I even missed the water truck as you can tell from my still clean bumper LOL! You're going to have to get a bigger radio ROFLMBO. It's funny you say that as the DOT bear told me last week he loves to listen to me "straightening" out the "trainee" drivers. Said that I tell them what he'd like to but can't and keep his job. He says he can hear me about 25 miles out. He's even called me to ask where I was at.
    I should be back in the "normal loop" for a while now until the lime starts up end of next month.
    @motocross25 I hate that you were attacked by a piece if steel! I used to hate the scrap yards as it was a crap shoot to get in and out with not flats or scrapes and bruises.
    Well everyone be safe out there and have a great week.
    Jimy and I are fixing to eat supper YAY.
    Happy Trails!

5. J/Cope79

J/Cope79 Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2015
    North Alabama
    NightWind, just out of curiosity what radio setup are you running ?

NightWind Thanks this.
  6. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I can relate. In the 90's i had a brand new freightliner classic. Within the 1st couple weeks or so i went into a scrap yard around st louis ( i think it was called olin brass ). Probably spelling it wrong but anyway i drove through a mud hole and right over a big steel collar. The steer rammed it up into my fuel tank step and bent it.

NightWind, motocross25 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Well all it has been a busy week. Loaded Monday in KC for Chicago. Dumped that Tuesday and with the weather our reload fell thru for Norfolk NE. He scrambled and 3 of us got different assignments that day. I washed out in Monee and loaded soybean meal for Como MS. I got there just dreading having to grain door soybean meal. I arrived and the guy said “hell no. We got a concrete pad around the back just dump it”. Out it came. Then I bounced to N. Little Rock AR and loaded aircraft aluminum. I thought it would be crushed up panels or something of the sort. Wrong. They cut the wings of a small plane, set the whole body in my trailer, put the wings next to it and all the miscellaneous pieces on top. It was quite a sight, I think the mud and the cold hampered me from getting pictures, idk why I didn’t. But that went to St. Louis and it came out ALOT better than I thought it would. Reloaded clay in Fulton MO and dumped that in the slop at Sugar Creek. Easy day tomorrow just loading shred in KC for Sedalia. I’m gonna try to do just one round and get off at a decent time. What’s new with everyone else?

8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yep Olin Brass is right. That would be easy to do there. And that sucks man, so you know how I’m feeling. I went to Grossman Iron and Metal in St. Louis today that place was great. Everything was paved and flat, and people were super helpful.

9. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Busy here as well, a couple of loads that scared the crap out of me. I’m always respectful of a frameless, you can’t let it scare you all the time, but you dang better respect it. Either way, dumping out in Anniston on Tuesday with a load of zorba, it was simply being stubborn, leaning a bit to the drivers side and as the last stage clicked in it pitched really hard. I finally moved around enough to dump it but I’m not going to lie, my stomach was in knots for the better part of a few hours.

Anyway, sitting a little further from home on a Thursday night than I’d care to be, ran in to some hang ups today that put me quite a bit behind. Should be home sometime tomorrow around dinner, safe travels.

10. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I seen a guy back up to close to the edge in morris Illinois landfill. How he saved it I'll never know but he was raising the bed and it was around half way up when it started going over. I thought it was gone for sure but that dude somehow grabbed a gear an jerked the whole thing forward far enough that it snapped the trailer back upright. Then i told the operator who was complaining about me taking too long to get level to leave me alone an call my company if he had the had any questions about my idea of safe dumping cuz i was gonna get that load on the ground and i didn't care if it took all day my way.

11. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I run several different radios but primarily a Ranger RCI 2950 or a Galaxy 94HP they are set up for pure clear modulation not power. I own 6 radios either Ranger or Galaxys only one of those is less than 20 yrs old. Set up on 18 feet of coax and either a Wilson 5000 or Tram SP-63 Trucker 59" CB Antenna, Open Coil Penetrator, just depends on the mood I'm in to be honest. My SWR runs about 1 to 1.3. Single antennas are the best for me. I use my own meter to set the SWR. I don't run a kicker as I don't need to.
    I buy and use Clay's Radio Shop in TX for my new stuff (rarely buy new) setups and maintenance. I do have a local radio guy that is excellent called Troubleshooter he's around the 195 mm on I-65 as the crow flies. Another words he's in the woods. He's been out of commission due to a couple of automobile accidents. Probably will be back in his shop in Feb or March.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.