to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Yep he was fine i was running with him doing sand today. Apparently he got a red light but the sign said closed and he bypassed so the dot man took umberage. He was legal so no harm no foul but they have been all over us the last little while thanks to things like my getting hit by a honda and are handing out level 1 inspections like a tax man hands out tax audits at a sovereign citizen rally.

Oh wait i misread that entirely. Apparently someone else got nailed then. I know the guy im running with today with got nailed coming out of kaw valley going east. But my above point stands. DoT has been all over us.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    motocross25 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea dude we’re the same. Guys are doin barrel work in DeSoto goin to the JoCo landfill and loading off their gauges. I don’t need to tell anyone in here how untrustworthy a suspension gauge is at a dirt job on soft and uneven ground. They’ve been scaling way back. Mounds of dirt in a barrel trailer makes any DOT man salivate. Just a heads up buddy this week we’ve been seeing them working 435 hard, K-10 and the usual one that’s hanging around HWY 210 between 435 and 291.

Speaking of 210, it was closed last week for 1/2 a day I guess a Tom Peace truck got tangled up with a city dump truck and it was pretty bad. Have you heard any gossip on that?

4. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I’m still doing the local work, not near as lucrative as it’s cracked up to be :). I’m doing good revenue wise, but the traffic in the areas I run is ridiculous, Florida has the rudest drivers I’ve ever seen in my life, so I wind up being more exhausted at the end of the day/week much more than I ever was in the road, I’m thankful for the daily home time though, hard to put a price on that.

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  5. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    A361D21F-8856-4047-BECF-59F225C9BAD2.jpeg 6ABFBCD2-445D-4073-ABDF-F0C59984CFED.jpeg

If anyone is in the market for a Ford F-150 I can hook you up. Low miles scratch and dent special! 33 rail cars worth, you just pick color.

6. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Does it come with or without chips :p

motocross25 Thanks this.
  7. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Haha no kidding. I asked the RR guy that question actually. “Since the chip count is low can you yank em off these before you scrap them?” Apparently not. If anything were to go wrong and it was linked back to that vehicle or part being in a rail accident, apparently the liability of that is astronomical.

8. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Sadly it makes sense, Lawyers ruin everything and its a shame with there being such a huge shortage going on. Still though i know a TON of people who would happily sign a waver for a new truck. Hell im sure most of the trucks on the train are still in great condition and im sure will find their way to an auction or discount car lot.

Ah well.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    You’re absolutely right. A lot of the vehicles were still attached to the floor with the wheel straps and in perfect condition.

3B06FD13-6F7A-4A0F-85B7-5733E847125C.jpeg
    Today we ran ballast to the rail yard in Omaha then bounced over to Des Moines to get glass back to KCMO. What’s everyone else up to?

10. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Nothing much new around here, been really slow on the local end so I can see the writing on the wall, better make the bed in the bunk and fill the fridge:(. On another note, on my way home today a local beverage guy decide to try and make an impossible u-turn and hung himself up on the curb. His trailer was on his drive (single axle, spring ride international day cab) I told him lower your landing gear and see if we can get some weight off that drive and inch you out of here, not BS’ing you, he said “what are landing gear and can you show me how to use them” I went back to my truck and prayed for our future. DE32DCD4-0C0A-46A3-BE70-CB14E5ED0B4E.jpeg

motocross25 Thanks this.
  11. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Ooo wow. That takes the cake. The only thing close to that I’ve ever encountered was in my reefer days a food warehouse wanted the tandems slid back at the dock, and a TransAm driver didn’t know they slid. It blew his mind when I showed him how to do it. But not knowing what or how to use a landing gear might be an all time low.

Sorry your local gig crapped out on you buddy, that’s a bummer.

Trashtrucker1707 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.