to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    @motocross25 I've been going home everyday for about 5 months now, I think I've spent 2 nights in the truck, 1 for a breakdown, and another based on where I was at. I like the getting home part, but running in Florida presents its own challenges, the motoring public down here is like nothing I've ever seen before, after 30 years of living down here I'm ready to move.

stuckinthemud Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Well i have been doing chicago scrap but had my dump pop a repair weld that was apparently done really badly on the tounge and dump my trailer over sideways at doe run in boss last night. So it ended up totaled. Been dealing with that disaster all day today. Luckily the wrecker agreed and flat out said there is ZERO reason it should have gone over on that flat of ground where i was attempting to dump and said that its obvious that the repair welds were poorly done. So i got that going for me at least. Oh well, At least it didnt pull my truck over with it, so now i gotta find a new lease trailer if i can. Worst case find a place that needs power only. Really hope i can find a dump to lease because i do like running for bones and would prefer to stay here if i can.

20211103_123704.jpg 20211103_123707.jpg 20211103_111026.jpg
    20211103_081802.jpg

Dont know how well you can see in the 1st and 2nd pictures but you can tell they just welded over the exterior and called it good. Im also thinking when i did that compost load that got stuck and i had to hand shovel out a few weeks back. that it may have cracked the weld back THEN and it finally let go today.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    All I can say @Arctic_fox is that I hate it for you, I had a friend here lose a trailer a few years back due to a shotty weld, sucky situation all the way around.

Arctic_fox and motocross25 Thank this.
  5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Geez @Arctic_fox I’m sorry to hear that. We’ve gone to that Doe Run a few times where did the wrecker come from? That place is way out in the brush. In that last picture did your trailer land on that mining truck? If you want I can ask if my company has a a trailer for sale. I know we got a bunch of new ones in so the olds will be disappearing soon.

Arctic_fox Thanks this.
  6. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Yea i managed to get it right on the mining truck luckily that thing was being cut up as scrap so its not a big deal. But it ensured my trailer was pooched. As for who towed me im at this abneys place just 3 miles up the road. So i got lucky there at least. And if you could id apprecate it. Not sure i can swing the finances to buy atm but depending on what they ask maybe i can make it work.

Pretty much. This is a lease trailer and you can tell just looking at it that it had a lot of shoddy repairs before i aquired it. Hard to tell if it was the place i leased it from. The guy they got it from, a previous leaser, or if it was a disgrintled worker who did the shoddy weld. Got it about half way up after spending a few minutes trying to find a flat spot and as i lifted i heard some unpleasent popping noises so went to drop it and all i hear is a loud gunshot like pop as soon as i drop it and over it went.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  7. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Managed to get my mits on a new trailer today. Its a lot nicer then my old one too AND a split axle to boot. No more having to go 1k under 80 to be legal when the load shifts for me! Actully only costs $5 a month more too which is halarious to me.

Attached Files:

kylefitzy, RockinChair and motocross25 Thank this.
  8. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Glad to see you got a new wagon @Arctic_fox I've had a few days of the lime rock grind this week, and seeing your pictures of the rollover yesterday didn't ease my mind any, there are certain materials I absolutely hate dumping, and lime is one of them, especially in new sub-divisions. If there ever was a place to roll one over, it would be there. Safe travels.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Well my first week is almost over.. Its been a few years since I put a frameless up in the air, but it's coming back to me quickly.

My only real complaint so far is the elog which obviously isn't the companies doing.

FB_IMG_1636067992140.jpg FB_IMG_1636068005057.jpg

10. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That’s a sharp lookin ride! Glad you’re gettin back into the swing of things. So what is your home time like and where do their road drivers run? I’ve only been around their local guys.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  11. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I came in here to tell you I was gonna talk to the owner of my company tomorrow but you got it squared away! Glad you found something, I like those tail lights.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.