to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    That's where I'm going. I was in there with JK once before, they were pretty good folks.

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I only pulled a 30' steel body with a frame for a couple years as opposed to the full length frameless jobs that you guys know, but I felt the same way every time I stood that thing up. especially in a landfill.

Pamela1990 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  4. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I'll be 56 in another (3) weeks and about to start year number 28 out here. I just take my time when that bucket starts going up. I don't rush for anyone or any reason. That deal last week when the bucket came crashing down got my full attention !!!!

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  5. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I did landfill with a framed years ago. I absolutely hate landfill work. We were dumping dirty dirt at Seneca from the Syracuse fairgrounds. Boy did the walkers and tippers hate it when buckets went to the front of the line.

Pamela1990 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Worst part about it was not being to see where the holes were because of a piece of old plywood or something laying here or there

motocross25, Pamela1990 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    And stepping on diapers and feminine hygiene products. I hate, nay, LOATHE the landfill. We have a fluff account we do where we hafta take long trailers, fill them to the brim with auto recycling foam and go to the landfill. I’m always picked because I can “be trusted”. It is not always great to be good at your job, it leads to being picked for assignments like that. That stuff just bunches when dumped and you hafta pull up the whole length of the trailer over rutted and soft sinking crap ground with the trailer stuck straight up in the air rocking and swaying to get that stuff to plop out. It stinks, it’s dirty, it’s sketchy and I hate everything about it. Phew. Sorry. Rant over, I gotta go calm down.

8. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Sorry for the late reply been busy and havent checked in for a while. And im getting my first load today. I picked it up friday and it was down getting the entire ABS system replaced so it was DoT legal. Was recovering a truck for bones last week as a mutual favor and having fun with THAT. But so far so good otherwise. Might need a new drop axle switch though. This one hesitates.

20211112_155752.jpg

Also 1800 pounds heavier then my old one so no more 24 ton loads. Also @Tropsnart im paid percentage most times. Though i do occasionally get a fixed rate load thrown my way as well. As for pay it varies season to season and company to comoany but i would say a safe average if you run hard is around $5500 gross with a bad week at $3000 and a good one at as much as $8000 (my record was $9217) compared to a company driver which i also did for bones before i went O/O i would say it pays around 25% more on take home compared to company if your conservitive with how much extra you pocket but a lot of that is from no longer paying for bennys.

9. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Currently sitting at MHC in Cheyenne with a check engine light and de-rate going on.
    I'm guessing it's probably emissions related based on other X15's I've driven.

10. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Nice to know im not the only one :p my rig ate its centrifical oil filter bearing and my SCR crapped out and needs to be fully replaced. So im sitting in fort wayne at the kenny dealer.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  11. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    rsz_20211118_065359.jpg

Salt Lake City this morning.

I had a couple inches of stone frozen to the floor and I had stone frozen to the side walls of the trailer.

good times.. :thumbup:

Pamela1990 and motocross25 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.