to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Do u guys know any good companies down in the southwest for dump work

motocross25 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Man I sure don’t buddy. That’s one area of the country I wish I got to see more of, but unfortunately have only been down that way a handful of times. I know guys at JK say we have a fairly regular run down to Flagstaff and they get into New Mexico quite often. But there again, I don’t know how “often” is often. I can ask around though.

strick and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm loaded with cold patch heading down for Sarasota in the morning, then reloading shell to go up to northeast Florida, pretty much do a repeat of that to wrap up the week. The scenery of Kansas looks like central Alabama, had to do a double take.

D.Tibbitt and motocross25 Thank this.
  5. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    No info from me on the SW dump work unfortunately.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That sounds like good running. Have you seen hide or hair from our friend @NightWind lately?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    No, I haven’t been to Alabama in over a year. I hope everything is good with her though, I know it’s been a tough couple of years.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  8. YardMule89

YardMule89 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2021
    Question for you guys. Hauling asphalt millings off the highway and since it got 100°+ here in KS my hydraulic pump "barks" / "screams" when I engage it immediately after turning PTO on in the afternoon. If I wait 5-10 seconds then all is fine. And it doesn't do it in the morning hours when it's cooler. Hyd oil temp is 130° +/- when this occurs. Is it cavitation causing this? The wet kit is 4 months old, Chelsea PTO and Parker pump.

9. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Been a little hit and miss down here for me lately with these ridiculous fuel prices, but this past week was super busy. I had pre-loaded glass the Friday before this past Monday, so I got up bright and early and brought that up to Warner Robins, GA, bounced over to Junction City, GA and grabbed a load of rock which I delivered just down the road from the house Tuesday morning, after that went up above Gainesville and grabbed a load of lime rock and brought that to "town", that's our companies way of describing anything and everything around Jacksonville, this one went to Yulee to be exact. After that I bounced in to "town" and grabbed a load of asphalt and brought that down to Sarasota for Wednesday morning, dropped that and then bounced down by Fort Myers and grabbed landscape shell, delivered that Thursday morning back up to "town", Fernandina Beach to be exact, ran down and grabbed the second load on the order of asphalt for Sarasota, delivered that Friday morning and proceeded back down to the Fort Myers area to pre-load shell again to be delivered tomorrow morning in Saint Augustine.

Solid running, going to and from south Florida is becoming more and more of a chore, I swear the influx of people down here is ridiculous, it's definitely not the Florida anymore that I remember growing up in, kind of sad really.

10. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Just a few pics from today’s activities….lime rock in the AM, ran shred the rest of the afternoon. Definitely not my favorite thing to do, but it makes a paycheck. D411E48C-AA44-45A7-A72A-020D4FDFAD97.jpeg 415AB2D8-2C8D-4678-8D94-7FCFDE40A9D7.jpeg

11. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Great pics as usual glad you’re staying busy! Your shred dump spot looks pretty decent. We used to haul it to Sedalia and when the bin was full you had to dump it out in some hole riddled leaning mud pit. I’m still on my trash transfer gig running around in open country. I had an early day today and I’m off the rest of the week so it’ll be a nice little break, I like having 3 day weekends every now and then.

D.Tibbitt and Professor No-Name Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.