to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea the equipment is top notch and the pay is the real deal for sure. I was a bit skeptical coming in to it, until my paychecks started hitting. I make more at JK than I did when I was doin linehaul for Estes. And that’s not including the sign on bonus, and free insurance. They called me the other day to ask how things were goin and I flat out told them “if I had a feather, we’d both be tickled”. I’m not goin anywhere that’s definite.

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea i never seen the ability to make that kinda coin pulling an end dump. I topped out at 64k back in 2012 an that was running hazardous an outside the lines on paper logs.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yep exactly. That’s why I was so skeptical. I get it now tho. And they guys I have been introducing myself to here and gettin to know all say the same thing, it’s good money they run good rates. They all say you can flirt with 80k without trying too hard. I know I’m stoked, I’m making great coin and I’m home everyday.

5. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Seeking shade in this ungodly heat, feeding the “milkers” down here in central FL. 8371EE44-CF3E-493C-AB3A-60A7EF15B6AA.jpeg

6. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Great pictures as always @Trashtrucker1707 i like how you take em just above or at ground level. I just throw my phone up and snap whatever is in front of me, but that’s because I suck. I don’t know if my dispatcher is fearing burn out, or if they are getting swamped around town but I got pulled off trash and hooked back on to my end dump. Manufactured sand to an asphalt plant, rock to the same asphalt plant twice, burner rock to a power plant and asphalt sand back to KC. Busy busy!

CFB0A462-12BB-40D2-B7CE-2592926CBF4E.jpeg
    Leavin out in the morning.

7AE484EA-E321-482A-BAE8-8E46D70CD3B0.jpeg
    This is my first time pulling a full frame trailer, honestly it takes some getting used to I’m always wanting to switch the brakes when I’m dumping, only for nothing to happen. But it’s a lot more sure footed.

Badmon, RockinChair and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Didn't know ya were on a full frame. I just assumed ya were pulling a frameless. I never pulled a full or 3/4 frame. Always pulled a frameless even with our short trailers we had. We used short 20 footers on some construction jobs. Helped pour the cement for the new spur to the new Mississippi bridge at Hannibal Missouri back in the day. Hauled it on the short trailers an had to back all the way to the pavers to dump. Tricky with short ones cuz they move really quick. It was a chore keeping em straight.

D.Tibbitt, Badmon and motocross25 Thank this.
  8. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    @motocross25 are you required to be out with JK Williams where you live, or are you in an area that supports enough local work to get you home everyday? Also, when you pull the trash wagon, is that an account Williams has secured, or are they called in on an "as needed" basis to help out when another carrier gets behind? Reason I ask is because the company I work for has some very lucrative refuse contracts that they constantly beg us to go out and help with when they get behind, for fear of losing the contract. I politely decline, not my cup of tea, when I started with this company years ago, refuse hauling is what I did for them, after about 4 years of it I hooked up to a dump and haven't looked back.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Just lookin at that pic again. Do ya have a way up front to vent the tarp when dumping or do ya just roll it open it part way? We used to have to vent it on some products to keep from damaging the tarp and or the bows.

D.Tibbitt and motocross25 Thank this.
  10. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Whoa! Sorry I wasn’t seeing updates on this thread again. Yea @Trashtrucker1707 i think it’s something we just helping out with for the time being. I don’t think it’s going to be a regular thing but I’m not sure. Also yep I’m local home every day. Now they said this winter they might give me the option to hit the road a week or a night here or there, but most everyone I talked to said it’s strictly voluntary and they all stayed busy in the city last winter. I wouldn’t mind getting out and stretching my legs every now and then, they have some pretty good runs.
    @Professor No-Name we can tap our tarp remote control and it’ll open it just enough to vent, or if we hold the button it’ll open it all the way. I’ve only had to vent a few things with an end dump I was worried about vacuuming the bows and tarp with, DDG and soy hull pellets. But it sounds like there is not going to be much of that over here.

D.Tibbitt and Professor No-Name Thank this.
  11. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Asphalt rock, sand, granite chips, asphalt millings, and ab-3 rock made a disaster of my truck. These quarries get so dusty then they send out the water truck and it’s a mud fest. I couldn’t take it anymore. It was bath time.

F05611E2-6B58-4A6F-A492-695515245154.jpeg

D.Tibbitt, kylefitzy and RockinChair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.