to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    @motocross25 That sounds like when I haul lime to a tiny farm. Farmer says what cha got? He takes paper work, signs it gives it back to me. I say 30 tons of lime. Famer says we normally get that on a triaxle. I say well we have a quin so what cha wanna do? He says can you get it over there, points at a gate with a cross tie bridge over a ravine with giant trees with limbs hanging down below my butt and I'm 5'2. I look at him and say I can put in right here. I pull up so he can get stuff out of the barn and put it on the ground, hand him his copy of the bills and say have a great day!

REO6205 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    How’s everyone doing? @motocross25 haven’t heard from you in a bit, Williams still treating you good? The family and I traveled up to TN and MO this past week, just got in last night. As of now still looking like our life is headed in that direction, Jackson MO to be exact, there’s no shortage of dumps, hoppers and live bottoms running around, I guess it’s all about making the right decision, it will be very hard for me to leave my current employer after nearly 11 years with them, but I do think I can work something out with them to pull out of the MO area down to Florida and back, but eventually I think it would be best to settle in with a local employer if MO is going to be our new home moving forward. Feel free to chime in with any good suggestions, everyone stay safe going in to the holiday season.

NightWind and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Bucheit is not far from that area. I don't know much about them but i know they do dry bulk on end dumps an hoppers.

NightWind Thanks this.
  5. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Yes, Bucheit is only a few exits down 55, so that’s definitely a possibility.

NightWind and Professor No-Name Thank this.
  6. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    MASS. MESS in Oxford due to Speed Racer.
    Gotta Get 'Er Done.......OOOOPS. :cool:

7. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Nice ride ! I was supposed to be in a flat top Pete when JK hired me. Drove all the way out there from NY and they stuck me in a 567 I was pissed. If they had more long haul I probably would have stayed. All I did was short stuff for that dispatcher up in Michigan.

Hope you all are keeping as busy as you want to be.

NightWind Thanks this.
  8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @Trashtrucker1707 yes sir still at JK and still loving it. The money is phenomenal, and I know that comes off as braggy and in a bit poor taste, but I’ve really been impressed with some of the rates. The road guys sound like they make really good coin. I saw @Professor No-Name suggest Bucheitt to you. I had a buddy work there he lived in southern Missouri and he loved it. They do a lot of dedicated stuff. He was on a run that picked up slag or something in southern mo, brought it to Alabama, reloaded coke down there and came back to Missouri. He left Monday and was back like Thursday night and done for the week. He did it while covid was popping off and got laid off from a car hauling outfit, and then they called him back is the only reason he left.

@Tall Mike yea I wouldn’t be thrilled about that either. I know the guys that live in KC that run the road love it, but I have heard a few drivers from out of town say they sit over the weekend with nothing to do sometimes until Monday morning. Which some sound like they don’t mind, but I’m not a road warrior like that. If I’m gonna be sittin over the weekend I’d want it to be at home.

NightWind and Tall Mike Thank this.
  9. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    @motocross25

Yes on the sitting every other weekend on the road. They want (or did want) the driver to do a reset. Do you guys have driver facing cameras now ?

That 100% paid insurance does sound good though depending on how good of a policy it is..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    Reason for edit: Spelling
    NightWind Thanks this.
  10. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    @NightWind i was at ES&G on Thursday, was looking, and listening for you, but it didn’t happen. I should be up there again Tuesday, they’re in the process of getting a new office put in place so the scaling situation is a bit of a mess, but as friendly as they all are it really wasn’t a big deal. I’ll keep an eye out for you.

NightWind Thanks this.
  11. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Loading up this dirty old truck and wagon heading off towards Birmingham, been making a few overnighters lately just to try and make ends meet, not a fan of the slowdowns we’ve been experiencing here lately, but looking forward to the new possibilities 2023 will present. @motocross25 be ready to give me some winter driving tips when I move up, god knows I’ll need a refresher. :) F04AF481-A479-4ED1-80C3-A7EABA2385DD.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.