to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Boy, exhausting day. Left the house at 3:45 this morning, headed up to lake city and loaded ddg, went to feed the heifers near Melbourne, knocked that off and bounced way down by fort Myers to load shell, then made the close to 4 hour trek home. 670 miles (of wonderful Florida traffic) and this old fella is wore the heck out. Here’s a few shots from the day, one from the start, and one from many miles away fixing to put it back in the wind and head home. 92A65BD2-A232-4249-B4C0-A21840E33641.jpeg 69CA91D1-0B3D-4C4C-B4CE-A455F51EC408.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @Trashtrucker1707 have you ever loaded at the PolyCor marble quarry in Tate, GA? And if so is there anything special I need to know?

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  4. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Yes, nothing special. GPS should take you right in there, watch your speed through the little town. When you go through the light in town, you'll go maybe 2 miles, through some curvy road, pretty hilly terrain and they'll be on the right. There's an old marble hotel/bed and breakfast on the right just before their entrance, check in at the office and sign in, bear to the right and follow the road on the left side of the quarry all the way to the back, pass the scale on your left and then turn back on it, they'll load you directly on the scale, he also issues the tickets, very nice people, beautiful scenery, beware of the blasting that goes on in there, they about gave me a heart attack the last time I was in there, blew up the mountain with no notice :) When you come out of there heading back towards town, pick a gear and go with it, it's deceivingly steep pulling that hill. Be safe.

5. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Awesome!! I knew I could count on you. This helps a ton thank you! It’s goin to Perryville, MO so I’ll be able to test the pulling and jake brake power of the ole girl on Monteagle. Should be fun. :rolleyes:

6. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Believe me, you’ll get a test right out of the gate of that place, it’s a decent pull!

Professor No-Name and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Are you going to earthworks or Semco? If you’re going to Semco go through the gate, scales on the left. Bins will kind of be behind you but with 70 or so acres, there’s plenty of room. If you’re going to earthworks, I can’t help you, I never worked there.

my directions are not as helpful as @Trashtrucker1707.

8. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yep goin to SemCo. Those directions help thank you! I was there one time when I worked at Estes in St. Louis and ran the “south” route. I didn’t get much past the gate, I literally had a manilla envelope taped to a pallet, and I just ripped the tape off and walked the envelope in spun around and left. Thanks again I appreciate it!

Professor No-Name and kylefitzy Thank this.
  9. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Still playin in winter stuff. In Iowa on my 10. Gonna check with Michigan elevator an see when we can load again. Snow started plugging up the corn screener today. I drove some muddy gravel farm roads today. Made a wrong turn in the dark an luckily the farmer caught me an turned me around at a farm or i woulda got stuck at a dead end. Makin my way back out I got stuck climbing a hill 2/10 ths of a mile from pavement. I spun out of it an got it going but man what a night. Now the truck is low on coolant for some reason. I feel like I learned something today, not sure what, but I'll figure it out tomorrow in the daytime.

10. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    @Professor No-Name unfortunate reality of the MP motors, at least in my experience over the last several years, is they seem to go through EGR coolers, and one of the tell tale signs is losing coolant. For your sake, it could be something as easy as a cold water leak, or your coolant filter being loose, both of which I’ve also experienced with prevalence in my years working with the MP power plant.

11. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    @motocross25 how was PolyCor? Hopefully I pointed you in the right direction, pretty interesting place though, that’s a heck of a hole in the ground isn’t it?

motocross25 and Professor No-Name Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.