to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    There website says you have to have your own trailer I looked at them before vines just cause they were located in Missouri instead of Kansas

motocross25 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    You got lucky on the DDG again hope I’m that lucky when I roll out again Tuesday. My buddy loaded some Wednesday said it was soaking wet and still steaming when the loader loaded him!! I’m also not a fan over walking over a load to put bows back in reminds me I either need to bend mine or get them replaced. I like to stretch my legs so I will go anywhere if the loads that are closer to home paid better I would be happy to stay closer. Not that all the ones away from home are all great either!! Hope you enjoy yours as well

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    He gave you the right name it is used by farmers with cattle. They usually order it wet rarely will you get a dry load cause it doesn’t stick to the junk hay farmers use to save money. Actually it doesn’t smell bad at all I would assume if a guy had a liner it wouldn’t be so bad my last load took me a few hours to shovel out

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. Sidelined

Sidelined Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    northeast, MS
    A few hours? Holy crap!

6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Yeah if it’s dripping when you load bring your big boy pants. It doesn’t slide like normal materials and if it sticks in the nose you got 40ft to shovel. That was with another driver helping!! Someone with a stronger back might be faster but I wasn’t killing my self to shovel the loads don’t pay that good and no load pays me to shovel

motocross25 Thanks this.
  7. Sidelined

Sidelined Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    northeast, MS
    I guess the good has to come with some bad. Is DDG a regional thing? I’ve never heard of it. I didn’t grow up on a farm, but have been around them and cattle most of my life. I know they feed cotton seed mill here to livestock. That crap can smell horrible at times.

8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Yes life is all about taking the good with the bad. I would assume it is regional cause I’ve only loaded it in the Midwest and for that I’m thankful. also I believe most ethanol plants are in the Midwest. From my experience the longer it sets in a trailer the harder it is to unload

NightWind and motocross25 Thank this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That’s exactly right. If you can load it and get it unloaded fast it might not be AS bad, but when you load it on Friday and it sits in your trailer all weekend and you try to deliver it Monday, especially with the temperatures we’ve been having lately in KS, it’s spells a horrible time. With a capital HORRIBLE.

NightWind and blade Thank this.
  10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Hi
    Yes it's 39 foot with 60 inch sides. It will have the plastic sides and floor but not on the tailgate except and the bottom of it on the inside. Weights supposed to be around 9,500 but might hit 10,000 if I add any more stuff ROFLMBO. You can see a picture of what it will look like on www.winktrailer.com look at the UHMW Half Round Dump Trailer my sides and all will be black to match my truck.
    Hey I went to Wildwood FL and am going back Monday so staying warm. Be safe out there!

tnpete and blade Thank this.
  11. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I had some dealings with them years ago, I can't say anything good or bad except it was a very short experience. I got a few loads from them and they just wouldn't leave my driver or me alone on the phone. The rates weren't the best. They did pay on time.

Lwood53 and blade Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.