to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Works for me It sounds like the same place since I think there is only one place to take turnings in Norfolk but I have on carbon so as long as it doesn’t freeze Tonight I should be fine in the morning

motocross25 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Hey guys, I'm new to the industry and starting with a outta MO and I have a question if I may. I would like to know whats better, percentage or cpm. I graduated CDL training out of Great Lakes truck driving school and have more than 300 hours, 120 was in the classroom and the rest in the yard and on the road. It was pretty good training from what I can tell, better than the basic 160 hour courses they have at the cdl mills across the nation.

4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Unless outta mo is a dry bulk company I truly think you asked this question in the wrong room!! But since you are here and proud of the fact you jumped out of a perfectly good airplane I’ll try to answer!! You have no experience most great paying companies don’t hire rookie drivers. With that being said in most cases percentage is better than mileage.. but if the freight is cheap or they bounce you a lot percentage will loose it’s charm.. for me I want percentage but when I started wasn’t many options for percentage as a newbie

Airborne Thanks this.
  5. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    They have a terminal in my state thats less than 100 miles away so thats np, I was just wanting to know from those that have done the work because Its a job that can lead to flatbed as the company runs about 10 at the moment.

6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Okay I still have never heard of outta mo I have open deck experience dry bulk experience and even dryvan and reefer going on 13 years in August.. if they have good to great paying freight going out and coming back in percentage is great if they haul cheap loads and bounce a lot then mileage will catch up to the percentage rather quickly.. What I’m trying to tell you is without knowing the company you have to base that decision on the company and how they operate but in most cases I would still choose percentage., since I own my truck I would never run under a mileage lease because rates change.. if you are wanting to go opendeck why not get on with a open deck carrier like tmc or maverick for a year they both pay decent and they love rookies

7. Armatus

Armatus Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2017
    New driver- in short. Buy a dump or work for someone?

blade Thanks this.
  8. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Work for someone, at least a year or so. Then, when you know it all, buy your own.:D

9. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Nice to see we’re getting so many new contributors to the room but I’ve yet to see where any of these contributions have to do with pulling a end dump

motocross25 Thanks this.
  10. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm sitting in St. Mary's Georgia waiting to deliver shell in to a residential neighborhood, if I had to guess, its to beautify their existing landscape. I loaded down in St. Pete right where I unloaded which was nice, they had no scale so I had to work off of sight and my gauges and low and behold I hit the cat scale up in wildwood at 79,960, I don't know if I'm good or just lucky, either way we'll take it. I was thinking, can some of us regulars post up pics of our trucks that way we can keep an eye out for each other out here, I've ran across @NightWind but so far that's it. Safe travels.

Attached Files:

motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  11. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I will upload a better photo next week after she gets a bath I ain’t been south since I got re ended I would love to make that run to Tampa a regular run but I don’t see it being in the cards sitting in south Chicago waiting on the plant to open so I can take a load to Cleveland yeah

Attached Files:

motocross25 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.