to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I hate to say this but the truck looks great on the outside for being a 88 add in the fact it has a B model Cat inside looks great other than dirty with the updated gauges!! Now what I would look for I would check wiring especially for that gauge setup.. last but not least I would check the frame and the hoist as it is raised other than that take your mechanic and hurry before someone beats you to it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Quiet in here lately, fairly uneventful week on my end, more of the same. I'm pre-loaded with aluminum for scottsboro on Monday, so that means an early AM departure for me tomorrow, I don't know about the rest of you but this leaving on Sunday stuff is for the birds, so much so that I have made the conscious decision that this is going to be one of, if not my last. I'm not old by any means, 34, but the older I get the more I appreciate my time away from the truck and I feel 5 days in with two days off is more than sufficient, if for some reason I need to, I can always go back to my local position. I'll keep posted on what direction I head, but for me mentally a weekend needs to be Saturday and Sunday to keep me going with this.

NightWind, motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    well I hope you all had a great week @Trashtrucker1707 hope you are headed home and get your full weekend I unfortunately will be rolling back out Sunday morning but that’s also my choice.. as for my week it was rather uneventful which is a good thing I do wish the big load would have developed earlier in the week. But this route I get to spend my reset at home instead of out east. Everyone stay safe and have a great weekend

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm sitting on the recliner watching street outlaws and I don't have to be down in largo Florida until Monday morning. Thank god. I had a fairly busy week and ran across @NightWind again in Montgomery, she has a radio that will talk for miles :). Hope y'all have a good weekend and fill it with whatever makes you happy, I'm going moto'ing tomorrow morning and then to the truck show in wildwood in the evening. Safe travels.

NightWind, motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    That’s one show I wouldn’t mind seeing at wildwood heck I’ve never even stopped in. Stopped to pickup a stogie figured I’d finish the one I already had then back on the glide for rest and relaxation

NightWind and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Wildwood schedules their show around leesburg bikefest, which as I understand is the largest weekend bike rally in America. Although I don't ride motorcycles, I have attended before and it's actually a really good time with a bunch of free concerts and entertainment throughout the weekend.

NightWind and motocross25 Thank this.
  8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    My week was BORING. I took my haydite I had when we passed each other to Eldon, bounced to St Louis for scrap and did circles from St. Louis to Muscatine IA all week. Under the belt now in New Market again pre loading for Monday and doing the same thing:banghead:

blade Thanks this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    How often do you get home running with your company?

10. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    @motocross25 i go home every weekend, typically early afternoon Friday, and a lot of the times I get home a night a week. We run for dedicated customers, out and back, and I live right off of 75 so the opportunity to get home is pretty easy.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  11. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Well hey everyone. Hi ya @Trashtrucker1707 How did court turn out in Elmore county? Thanks for the flowers on my radio. I've never heard it so I only know what people tell me. It was good to see you. One day we'll take time and have a coke- cola.
    So I've been busy working and making some major changes pertaining to my truck.
    I've been leased with the same company for almost 5 years, I've been very happy until the last year, not so much. Issues with company drivers, some trickery with the fuel surcharge well you get the drift. So months ago they had told everyone that we were NOT going to get ELOGS because we are exempt. Now they decide to get ELOGS. Fine I don't care, my truck is exempt. I call in and am told I have 30 days to get on Their ELOGS or cancel my lease. I remind them I am exempt. They say "We need paperwork to that effect". I say OK and get a letter from Mack and FMCSA ELOG section stating my truck is exempt. I send them a copy. They say no matter get it or cancel your lease BUT wait you can still work for us just use your OWN authority. I think well OK not a problem. SO I put the wheel in motion to reactivate my MC and get my insurance etc. in place. It's time consuming a little expensive but NOT a problem. SO that's what has kept me from being here where I enjoy our conversations. I hope everyone is doing OK staying out of trouble.
    I've been running to Pensacola for the past week and looks like this week is the same. How fun is that. AND this week I'll get home earlier and MAYBE have time to catch us with everyone.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    blade and motocross25 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.