To all of you out there ready to strike it rich...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Oct 16, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    True and the price of fuel cuts into the rate. I'm seeing open decks rates completely putter out. After fuel, most of it isn’t worth turning the key for right now. I know most of it is the season however. It's time for things to slow up anyway. No worries to me though. I have tons of work I want to do before the weather gets too bad to be working outside.

shooter19802003 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Y’all don’t want reefer! Grocery hours and loud reefer units. Stay away! Only a sick individual will find enjoyment in it!

4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    What area of the country do you run and what do you typically haul on your flatbed?

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  5. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I've noticed the open deck rates dropping too. Still very high imo but over the last month or so a load I would get 7500 for is down to about 6800. Combined with higher fuel prices it is even less than that but despite all that it's still very good out there.

I've only ever been a flatbedder but I'd kill for a reefer right now. I've been watching their rates and they are making out like bandits.

6. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Sorry not sure what you mean? I'm an idiot and grossing well over 30k a month, literally anyone can do it right now. In 4 or 5 months of good running you can easily pay off a used truck or trailer note.

Unless you mean that you think rates are about to crash and burn. Then yeah, lots of guys who are just getting in with high priced gear are going to be hurting.

gabe11 Thanks this.
  7. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I guess I misunderstood your post ..I was referring to payments on a new truck..sorry

8. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Potential to do it and discipline to see it through differ. I can’t count how many guys I have seen buy a new truck followed by a new pickup, Harley, house and boat. Run home every few days and enjoy the toys. Till they look up with a truck that’s #### from no maintenance and payments on everything suddenly the carrier they leased to screwed them.

This is no different instead of working toward payoff they will buy the crap they always wanted cuz this money will last forever

9. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    Midwest and NE. Out and back. Mostly building materials, railroad and plenty of jobsites. I'm in the process of getting another trailer to set up with a side kit to haul the most prevalent commodity around here...steel. However, that all depends on how the market goes before the end of fourth quarter.

Speed_Drums and JonJon78 Thank this.
  10. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    I see nothing smoking high coming out of my area during the past two weeks unless they're going to dead areas. Don't get me wrong, I could technically run those but the price of fuel take too much out of it for me to put off others things that need to be done. If it was still smoking hot, it would all be on the back burner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.