To All The Naysayers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hobbypassion21, Feb 6, 2011.

1. hobbypassion21

hobbypassion21 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I was in the military for 7yrs before becoming a trucker and honestly, I see the 2 as a total contrast...freedom/restraint ; independant/team. I'll never forget my experiences in the military. What I have learned in the service has carried on into my civilian life. And believe me, after seeing the type of characters that I see at these truck stops everyday, a little discipline and training wouldn't hurt. But of the two I must say, nothing satisfies my independant & nomadic nature like trucking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hobbypassion21

Aug 1, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    And I'm pretty sure there are more success stories out there from truckers just like you. Don't you just love success?

o.m.d. Thanks this.
  4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    He ain't no trucker.... My S-10 can carry more lumber...:biggrin_25523:

5. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    :biggrin_25510:

6. hobbypassion21

Aug 1, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Then what is your idea of a trucker? Some fat slob, chain smoker, filthy disgusting human being, who never showers, who lives in a filthy truck, who can't clean up after themselves, who is overweight, unhealthy, eats hot dogs and drinks 64oz sodas all day, who is about to die from a heart attack, won't make it past 50, 60 if he's lucky. Is that your idea of a trucker? Because if it is, what a disgrace.

7. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    if things were my way i'd be driving a tractor trailer across country. but im not gonna jump ship from my local job right now until the move is right. making quick decisions out of desire rarely lead to success and if they do it comes at the cost of many headaches. i've found this out the hard way, being patient and keeping your eye on the prize are what gets you to where you want to be and so far its been working for me.

hobbypassion21 Thanks this.
  8. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Truck or tonka toy?:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.