To go UPSF or not go UPSF, that is the question...

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by 207nomad, Nov 24, 2017.

1. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    Thank You, Brother!
    Not looking for perfection, Just steady work and good pay. Been in tanks the last 4+ years and by and large like it. BUT, Benefits (medical, etc,,) are becoming an issue and hoping that outweighs the union idiocy. I know how to put my head down and ignore alot of things. The last position I had in tanks we had to pick up at a union shop and the "company" was constantly asking me to come drive for them. However, I also knew all the drivers they had and what D!%#s they had been to anyone NOT union for the 2+ years I picked up there, I just couldn't. A good company, it would have been a great gig. But the union drivers were such D!%#s, UNNECESSARILY! I really don't get them! # 1. (union members) If your as red hot as you THINK you are, then no one CAN take your job!
    So, I'm hoping they'll give me a call. I can be a benefit to them and I could really use the benefits right now.

Thank you for the info, 207nomad #ATW

darthanubis and 207nomad Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I did tank work myself and LTL is about as opposite as you can get from it. Also, depending on the terminal you may or may not do dock work when you’re done your city run, which is my least favorite part of the job. You bust your 6 all day long with 15-20 stops and then go work the dock for 3-5 hours.
    But the benefits are really good and once you’re at top pay, it’s hard to match. I’m still on the fence rather or not I’ll be making a career of it or not, just taking it a day at a time. I’ve got a pregnant wife and this job may not be the best fit for us right now.

Which unit were you in? I was there from 96-99 in
    B CO, 3/325 AIR.

Kennyworth67 and All-American82 Thank this.
  4. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    Ya, I know the feeling. A little advice from an oldtimer. I can always replace my job. Regret is a powerful thing when you're older. Any time I've ever passed up a family function for extra work was never the difference between making it and not. It never made an impact financially. Plus, who do you really want at your bedside when the time has come? your boss? Or your kids? Just sayin'

Anyhow HHC3rdBDE '78-'81 #GOLDENBRIGADE (They call it the Panther Brigade now)
    Thank You for your service Falcon!!! :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

Kennyworth67 and 207nomad Thank this.
  5. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    AMEN to that brother:rolleyes:

6. Kennyworth67

Kennyworth67 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Salt Lake City
    Great thread, Guys. I have a decent job driving a city bus. Been doing it for 6 years. Before that, 15 years OTR. I am considering UPS Line Haul and want to make an informed decision absent of unrealistic expectations. Thanks again, Fellas.

7. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Don't want to start a new thread for this...

UPS advertising near me... UPS Freight Truckload is hiring individuals to work as Full-time Dedicated OTR Dry Van Drivers

Can anyone tell me approx. how much this type of job pays?

8. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Don't know about the pay, but it is a nonunion job

9. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Reason for edit: found answer in another thread
  10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    There is UPS Parcel, UPS Freight, and UPS Freight Truckload.

The latter is non-union, and so not a consideration for me.

Northeasterner Thanks this.
  11. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I heard it's a severely underpaid non-union job.

41cpm last I heard...

Us UPS Freight guys make 24-28$/hr to start (depends on terminal "market rate adjustment"), overtime after 8 or 40, so you work a 45 hour week and you're already at almost 1400 bucks, work 50 hours and you hit 1600, etc.

You're gonna be pretty jealous running truckload. Even if you get 2500 miles a week, every week, at 50cpm you'll be making 1250$/week working 50 or 60 hours and only getting home on weekends knowing that the P&D guys are working ten or more hours less than you and making 10-20% more.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.