To lease or buy? That is the question.......

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SteveScott, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    actually the truck I have now I bought it with 140000 miles and a year and a half old ..... first year not much of any major maintenance issues second and third year had a lot of crap covered by warranty but lost a lot of time in the shop it's a 2012 and has the Def which probably should of just kept the 04 I got rid of but hindsight is 20 20 ... but truck has been paid for for over 2 years and haven't had many problems since that third year last year my repair costs were 3500 now eventually I will have to decide if it's worth rebuilding motor ect. ... thought about getting older rebuilt motor and even with that my costs would be lower than a new truck and the new truck problems ... it's about the net profit I can take a week off and it costs me about $125 in fixed costs or at the start of my week just figure it takes me about an hour to take care of the fixed costs for the week. and I think that's better than renting a truck ..... but if you are happy with the bank having the title don't worry about it because the bank is a lot more happy than you are

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Any update on this?
    The company I work for has mostly PacLease trucks. Just so happens, while I was at the dealer for another of our trucks, I asked the lease guy I've dealt with for over a year about doing a personal full service lease for two years, just to get a ballpark. Turns out he has a couple of sleepers that were early lease returns that he wants to get back on the road. Around 300K on each and they are an ugly color (lease guy even mentioned the color is gonna make getting them back out harder).
    Ballpark seems to match what I've read here and elsewhere. 2000-2100 a month plus 6-7 cpm. So about 2800 if driving 10,000 a month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.