Toaster Oven vs plastic trucks

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Tb0n3, Jan 8, 2021.

1. person

person Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2007
    For years I used a green camping cylinder. A burner twists on top and it sticks into a plastic base. It breaks down fast and I kept it in a nylon bag with the pans, etc. Used plenty of foil and paper towels and a gallon of water to make the system work. It was nice, as I could do a lot with a burner. Used it in the middle of the floor or outside. To each there own.

86scotty Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Instant rice.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Look at the device. Where the cord goes into the device is a stamp or area where it lists Amps, Volts, and sometimes Watts. Watts are just volts multipled by amps. Certain devices with motors can briefly consume twice the watts (amps x volts) they list on the device.

6. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    Not in my kitchen....

7. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I eat from the truck because I prefer weird food LOL. But last few weeks my meals were...
    Baked an acorn squash cut in half and scooped clean. 15 minutes. Pulled them out to cool and put in a sliced parsnip 7 minutes. Both set aside to cool a bit while I sauteed a red onion in bacon grease. Smashed up both together and heated back up with lots of butter and brown sugar. Cuz that's the stuff I like.
    Also. Jambalaya. Sautee the chorizo first then onion then add rice with a can of tomatoes and added water. Bay leaf Cajun seasoning and chunks of bell peppers. 5 minutes. Open and check water and taste. Throw on the defrosted shrimp and close up. Leave for 10 or 15 minutes and it's ready to eat.
    I sautee in the bottom a lot too. Eggs and such.
    Hard boiled eggs I set low pressure 3 minutes.

86scotty Thanks this.
  8. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    This was a thrift store find. Works fantastic for 4.99 lol. Gotta keep an eye on it cuz 1000w is my inverter but at low temp and turned off before it's over tea temp or dishwasher water temp it doesn't trip the breaker

Attached Files:

9. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    This is main cooking device. Don't see anything this small or under 1000w in stores so I'm considering an online purchase...

Attached Files:

10. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    THIS is the cats ###.. Kitchen Craft by West Bend. Made in America. Bought in 2005. Broke legs so many times they now charge me shipping...but the legs are still no charge.
    Whole set of pots and pans cost me well over 1k$ then. More now. Still worth it if you can afford it... 20210111_130759.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I have had the following cooking appliances on my truck: Microwave....took up too much space, rarely used it. Crock Pot......took too long....rarely used it. George Foreman grill. Not versatile enough....rarely used it....pain to clean. Instant Pot......decent versatility.....pain to clean. Finally landed on this. Use it all the time..... doesn't take up much space.....easy to clean.....versatile as hell. Fry meat, eggs,veggies. Steam veggies. Cook rice. Heat canned goods. One appliance does everything.

Screenshot_20210111-110749.png

Turbodriven, 86scotty and Qbf594 Thank this.
  12. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Don't forget grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas!

Qbf594 Thanks this.
  13. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The instant pot was mentioned before, and so I was reminded to bring mine. I planned on using the slow cooker feature to make pot roast.

Don't use the slow cooker option. I had it on 8 hours on normal and the meat on top of everything ended up at 125 degrees. Just use a regular slow cooker.

• Truckers Report Jobs