Toddler Dies After Hooters Mom Forgets Child in Hot Car

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Toddler Dies After Hooters Mom Forgets Child in Hot Car

10/31/07
    Fox News

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    This is getting just too common---guess requiring car seats in the back still saves more lives vs. the old car seat up front next to the driver we used to do?!

Think bottom line is that 'we are all just too busy in today's world!" :biggrin_25521:

4. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    Heck, in the real good old days, kids would pile in the back of the wagon without an ounce of protection. Mom or Dad hits the brakes and there would be kids flying all over the back.

5. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    We both made it thru all that! Also, when not strapped in could better dodge my dad's swinging his hand back there to stop us from fighting!!

BTW, that "ounce of protection" is given out in schools to 11 YO's these days...:biggrin_25517:

6. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    Makes you wonder what would have happened if you were walking past the car and seen the baby and broke the window out to save the child if the mom could sue you for breaking the window or if you would get arrested for child abduction HHHMMMM makes you wonder or at least me.

7. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    As an older man, you cant even 'smile' at a cute child ahead of you in line without the mother giving you a 'dirty look' and pulling the child closer!! Sad....NOT the country that I grew up in anymore..:biggrin_25513:

8. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    yep I know what you mean not long ago at a grocery store seen a little girl fall and bust her mouth, I instinctly leaned over to help her up and something went off in the back of my head, Fool Don't Touch Her! no more then I stood up the mother grabbed her and gave me a dirty look like I did something wrong.

9. firstcav

firstcav Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    ""
    I don't agree. Leaving a kid in a car is a criminal offense. I think if you busted out a window in this kind of situation you would be thanked by police, and the parent would have their own legal trouble to deal with.

I remember as a kid being left in the car. I remember being able to stand up in the back seat of the car with my head stuck half way out the window. No one would even think twice about it. The other day I saw a family in a astro minivan with no backseats. There were about 3 kids under the age of 10 that jump right in the back, and the mom just shut the door and drove off. I was tempted to call 911, but I didn't. I was afraid they would recognized me from the night before when I called about cows being in the road. I didn't want to seem like a Gladys Kravtiz's type (google Bewitched).

10. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    jamwadmag brings back a lot of memories. I remember when my Dad bought a Ford station wagon. Had the wood on the sides and all. We were glad cause we thought he couldn't give us any "knowledge bumps" if we rode in the back. WRONG! It didn't matter if we were 13' back he had magical arms and he found his mark. I figured he could have guarded Kareem Abdul Jabbar if he was PO'd. Oh yeah-"hurry up, we're losing a mile a minute", " they can go under that bridge", "I'll give you something to cry about". Those were good times. As rotten as we were it's a wonder he didn't just kill us and get it over with. HARHAHR:biggrin_2559:

11. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    "If I have to stop this car................."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.