Toddler Dies After Hooters Mom Forgets Child in Hot Car

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Oct 31, 2007.

1. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    If dad had to stop the car (time was $$$, and long-distance phone calls back then were short & to the point!), it was a major 'butt adventure!' Yeah, werent those paneled station wagons called Country Squires by Ford??
    Also, since my dad was in the service for 21 yrs, we drove across country a lot to get to the next station of his---many, many hours in an un-A/C'd Merc. If it wasnt for my Mom's small bladder, my sis & I never would have gotten a pit stop!! Kids didnt 'rule' back then---ya know, 'seen & not heard!' LOL
    But, see, I grew up 'normal!' Shutup Ronno.....:biggrin_25526:

BTW, Mods, can you give out an 'infraction' for what ppl are thinking.....??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    You are neither normal
    Nor grown up.

4. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    'I am rubber and you are glue, what you say bounces of me and sticks on you!' So there....that might have been a little too deep intellectually for you....<stomping off>:biggrin_2553:

Forgot to add--you've been hanging around hrdman to long and reading too many of his posts! Zingggggggggggg[​IMG]

5. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Exactly!!!! :yes2557::biggrin_25523:

NO A/C, NO TV, NO DVD, NO computers... we counted license plates!! Or one headlight cars (padiddle)!! Or read a book, listened to our cassettes with an ear phone (much later, when I was a teen).

You had to listen to the parents' lame music, sit in the heat, NOT eat, NOT drink, NOT whine. Stop? Pit stop? Hah!!! Not likely!!

But if we were lucky, we'd get a bottle of pop at the store when we were almost there on good days!! Wow, that was a HUGE treat!!! With a straw!!! :yes2557:

Kids these days have no clue how to behave, amuse themselves or respect their parents (or anyone else for that matter). They have A/C, computers/DVD players/TVs in their VANS, no one crowding them on the seat, drive-throughs with treats, etc., etc., etc.

Wow, how times have changed!!! For the worse, IMHO. The world didn't revolve around children and their needs and wants like it does these days with all the fat, whining, misbehaved, misspoken, ignorant children filling the world...

I'll get off my soapbox now...

This mother will be punished every day for the rest of her life. I feel really badly for her. I can't imagine the guilt. :biggrin_25513: Where was everyone else? This was a parking lot and NO ONE saw the child in the car in all those hours?!?!?!

6. luvinmytrucker

luvinmytrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Ventnor City, NJ
    It's sad, but you probably would get charged with attemted auto theft and attempted kidnapping!

I live in NJ and if y'all ever see my kids hurt help them or stuck somewhere...if ya gotta break their arm or leg to get them out you go on ahead cause the dead option isn't for me...rather have a kid with a broken arm than a kid in a casket.

I understand that parents are scared of "stranger danger" heck they were 20 yrs ago when I was a kid, but our kids aren't dumb or quiet...they'll say something if someoe is inappropriate with them...well, mine would!

Then again where I grew up if your local store clerk caught u smokin they'd whoop your #$$ then call your mom and you'd get it whooped by her!

7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I don't understand how she could have forgotten unless it was not her usual routine to drop her baby off at daycare.

IIRC, Volvo's have sensors in their cars that will sound an alarm if it detects a heartbeat or other movement in a living creature inside the passenger compartment when the car is parked/locked.

It's got to be no coincidence that the incidents of this occuring has increased since the implementation of passenger airbags that don't allow for the installation of child seats in the front.

When I was a baby, I rode in a carrier seat in the front of my parent's Camaro when my mom drove around to do errands. It was Ft. Hood, TX and the Camaro didn't have AC so the windows were down the whole time, lol.

8. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Wow, you got a bottle of pop, you were lucky. If we were lucky we got a drink of ice water from the old glass lined thermos.

9. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Going to go ahead and prosecute the mother for 'Negligent Homicide!!' Since she had been making comments at work about being 'sick of taking care of the baby!' Reason no one saw the baby is that she had those AZ darkly tinted windows all around....:biggrin_25526:

10. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

It doesn't matter if she made comments or not, she still killed her child through her own negligence. She absolutely should be prosecuted.

11. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Sick of taking care of her own child?!?!?!!! OMG!!! She deserves whatever she gets!! :biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.