Too many applicants in Washington DC Area

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Fulano, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Fulano

Fulano Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Newington, VA
    On line advertisement says they need inexperience drivers; I applied on the Internet on Feb 19, 2008, today I received a letter saying that due to large number of applicants I will not be accepted. After all Schineider may not need as many inexperience drivers as they claim.

Fulano
    Washington, DC

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Fulano, are you Brazilian? I got curious when I read your name - Fulano... I applied to SNI by fax last week, they told me to expect a call within 48 hours, but as I got no call, I called them two days ago and they set an appt. for an interview over the phone next week. I have no experience but asked for a southeast dedicated account and was told they need 2 drivers for General Mills. They seem to be indeed swamped with work. They told my orientation may be at the end of March. We shall see... Boa Sorte!

4. BigStorm

BigStorm Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    N.J.
    Ive done alot of reading and investigating into many trucking companys. Back in early Feb. I contacted Schneider, Yes im a New-bie. And yes ive been accepted & very happy. Anyway, im looking foward to going to there school and getting going. Hey after owning my own business for 13 yrs./construction // i got tired of chasing $ from customers & head-aches from workers & sub's. And since the home construction industry has had the bottom fall out, it is time to move on.
    Yes the world isnt perfect. All companys have problems. But the reallity is that no company is going to hold your hand... If you want that go home stay there. Use common sence. Think & use your brain.
    You have to crawl before you can run. I fully expect to have some bad days , oh well thats life deal with it. I have. If you dont go with the attitude of expecting the world to be handed to you on a silver platter then youl do fine.

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Well, SNI told me they would not proceed with my application. Didn’t give me any specific reason. Today, my CDL instructor told me that SNI is not taking applicants who live in GA. The recruiters canceled presentations at my former CDL school in GA (and maybe other schools in GA too). Signs of the economy, I guess… BTW, Congratulations, BigStorm! SNI seems to be a very good co. Wish you the best! :biggrin_25519:

6. Fulano

Fulano Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Newington, VA
    Nope, I am from Mexico and happy that I did not signed as a driver, a few weeks ago, I started selling construction machinery and heavy trucks. On my spare time at the store I am learning how to operate the machinery and soon I will start with trucks, all for free. Commissions are 3% a $350 weekly draw and monthly commission check makes this job more attractive for me.

Regards

Fulano de Tal (equivalent to John Doe)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.