Too soon to change companies?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by flyboynme, Sep 3, 2013.

1. flyboynme

flyboynme Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Florida
    Well, the truck stops must know about that and think all truckers do. ;)

That's a cool truck in your picture there! (the rust colored one at the bottom)
    Is it yours? Nice.

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    No, that's a 1960 Pete, it was used in the movie "Dual", with Dennis Weaver.

flyboynme Thanks this.
  4. flyboynme

Aug 14, 2012
    Florida
    Wow, I would love to see that in person, being a photographer, I'd love to shoot pics of it. A few dozen pictures, shoot all around it. ;)

I shot about 1600 pictures on our 7 weeks out. Just loading them into my PC from my iPad so I can double-save them all.

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Movie by Steven Spielberg.

Duel.....

flyboynme and Skydivedavec Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CRST will hire your husband and let him train you. They will pay for your CDL school.

Look at Comcar website for more Florida companies.

Flatbed is not hard work; it just looks that way. As for tarping, the shipper & receiver puts the tarps on top of the load; your husband just unrolls the tarp and secures it with rubber bungees. Plus, it usually pays about $40.00 to the driver.

Check with Willis Shaw Express about rider policy.

Your husband should get the tanker hazmat endorsements. That's the best route to making a good living. Most OTR tanker drivers make avg. $65K annually. He can do the same with local, depending on the chemicals he hauls. I was OTR tanker/hazmat & some of the local drivers hauling fuel, etc. made more than I did; I just preferred OTR.

Check Indeed and Careerbuilder websites and you'll see lots of tanker jobs available in Florida.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    flyboynme and Skydivedavec Thank this.
  7. flyboynme

Aug 14, 2012
    Florida
  8. flyboynme

Aug 14, 2012
    Florida
    nope, didn't work

9. flyboynme

Aug 14, 2012
    Florida
    We are staying home one more day, won't go back out now until Thursday. He wants to put in another month's time so he can say he has 6 months experience when he tries to go to another company. We'll see how it goes.

10. Chase05

Chase05 Medium Load Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Central NY
    Just don't quit, THEN look for the next job. Also, from stories I've heard, don't be completely shocked if Werner does something childish when you put in your 2 weeks (like ask you to return the truck ASAP). Just make sure you get the instructions and where to turn the truck in in writing and follow them. If they tell you to leave it anywhere other than a terminal, make sure you won't get screwed later. If they call it truck abandonment, your husband is going to have a HARD time finding another job (abandonment is the big bad no-no for when you wanna seal the deal and make sure you never get another driving job again).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.