Top 100 for-hire companies 2009

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by skinnytrucker, Sep 13, 2009.

1. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    Got that right, since Arrow is on the list and they tanked just before Christmas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. anothertrucker

anothertrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Maybe I just missed it. What makes these companies the top 100 for hire companies? Do they hire the most? Pay the best? Treat drivers (non-drivers) the best? Do they give the most miles? best pay package? Most respect? Did they pay this company the most to put them on the list?
    Even though Transport Topics may be good, I've never heard of them (which means little to nothing, please educate me).

4. mpenney

mpenney Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    Could someone copy and email me that list...
    I cant open the pdf files either

thanks in advance

5. smithd

smithd Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2010
    tenn
    A​
    CKNOWLEDGMENTS AND SOURCES

The 2009 T​
    RANSPORT TOPICS Top 100 is a project of Transport Topics Publishing Group and features data compiled
    from annual reports of publicly owned companies and directly from management of privately owned firms.
    In some cases, revenue estimates were used to determine sector rankings.
    Senior Features Writer Daniel P. Bearth coordinated the project with assistance from Karen Villar. Cover design
    is by George Dively, director of art and production. The design is by Patrick Donlon, assistant director of art and

production

6. GARFIELD

GARFIELD Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2010
    south africa
    hey im looking for a driver position code 14 + pdp,passport.been retrenched if anyone can help

7. Homeboy

Homeboy Light Load Member

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    From what I saw, that list of "good" companies looks pretty bad. Not all, but I can't imagine ANY list of "good" companies including some of the names I saw. I'm not looking, but just sayin'.

8. usfman

usfman Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    sac, ca
    I am new to this site and just starting to look around. I am a line driver with the company YRC listed as #4 on the list. I was told by my mother that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. ...

9. Snowpaw

Snowpaw Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I dont think they mean best as in best to work for. It means they are most profitable.

10. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    The top 100 for-hire companies of '09, huh? So, the higher the company on the list, the higher the turnover rate as well as profitability? Makes me wonder.

11. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Like to see 2009 myself. Good info Skinny ! Had no idea my guy had fingers in so many pies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.