Top 100 for-hire companies 2009

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by skinnytrucker, Sep 13, 2009.

1. jls

jls Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2009
    pollock pines ca
    ok then, time to get back to trucking, gonna join my hubby on the road again, i've only been off the truck 10 months. after 13 yrs on the road !
    the question is what company ??? i kno the new year will bring low miles, but at this point, getting home is more important, we live in nor cal and it seems fontana is the hub.to far to deadhead, dah, so want a company that rolls across the I80 often enough to get home when i ask. any guess ??? thx jls

bknight Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redd dogg

redd dogg Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hratford,Ct.
  4. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

I believe you're exacty right Snowpaw. This was what I was thinking when this post showed up. In our free enterprise system, the most value for companies, rests on revenue or profit. The credits that Smithd posted seem to indicate this is true but also seem to be sketchy as to just how this survey arrived at it's conclusions.

I would say, while not true of many industries, the most profitable trucking company would not be the one to work for. Someone mentioned their company was not even on the list. IMHO, I would probably look for a company that isn't on the list. I don't know for sure and I'm not an expert on anything. Besides my wife tells me I'm wrong all the time.

jvar4001 Thanks this.
  5. raverez097

raverez097 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Syracuse, ny
    I think the list refers to best for customers, not drivers

6. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    The list is rated by revenue. I think Werner is in the top 10..what's that say?

7. Jsmrd

Jsmrd Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Southern California
    Thanks for all insight and info

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.