torque rod replacement

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by pavrom, Mar 13, 2024.

1. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I ordered both torque rods after obtaining part number from dealer , was going to replace them today and noticed this :
    pls advise
    ...new one about 2 inches shorter

Attached Files:

CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ...different shape too ..just noticed ...mine looks identical on both ends

Bean Jr., CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    removed one ...probably original :)

Attached Files:

CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  5. JB7

JB7 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2022
    Are both rods on the truck identical in length and the ends? What about the ones you bought, are they identical or different? If they are the same then they gave you the wrong part because what they gave you is different than what is on the truck and won't work. So they either looked up the wrong number or the crossover to another manufacturer is where things went wrong. Take a pic of your VIN and have them look it up that way if they did not do it that way the first time. Take your rod to the dealer. I know, you probably don't want to buy there due to the cost. If you asked for the part # and did not order there they figured you wanted # to order from somewhere else and they likely intentionally gave you the wrong #.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    Bean Jr. and CAXPT Thank this.
  6. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    This is why i just have new bushings pressed in the original rods. Will always fit and if you arn't having an alignment problem no need to have any adjustment made. 50% of the replacement rods never match up and too much time is wasted hunting down the right ones when a spring shop can just pop out and pop in new bushings in no time. Last ones i had done were for an old Frieghtliner spring ride. Took them 15 minutes to all four. All of those links have had so many different lengths and part numbers given to them over the last 50 years but the bushings have never changed.

Vampire, W923, CAXPT and 4 others Thank this.
  7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    parts man at dealership messed up , both rods same , he gave me wrong parts , I use mack dealer 1 mile away from my yard , got kw parts number ( kw price was 298 per piece ) , mack can look up Volvo and kw parts as well ...saw them sell and service kwS ...luckily they had in stock and just exchanged , their price 160 for atro .. cheapest I found on internet- 152 ...got them installed already, fit like a glove

Bean Jr., Vampire, CAXPT and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.