Total Dispatch Service

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by papanuge, Sep 19, 2010.

1. carwreck

carwreck Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I wanna be like you when I grow up :)
    jk, although I think that's a low rate. You take a lot of risks as a company, IFTA, DOT, Equipment, Customers.. as well as providing all kinds of services including dispatch, payroll, breakdown issues, even babysitting certain drivers. then have to wait 30-45 days for most customers to pay, while you pay your guys weekly or after load is done! think about all that Bill. It's a business, not a charity.

my dry van fleet averages a minimum of $2.25 for all miles, DH and Loaded. I charge 25% and sometimes think I'm paying too much.. eh gotta let the guys make some money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shoand03cobra

shoand03cobra Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Mimumum 2.25$ for all miles............
    Where do i sign up?

4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Just talking to one of my drivers today and was talking about how we should be charging more. But we are making money, growing faster than we expected and look at this as a partnership.

My plan for my business was to hire the best, keep them happy and expect more from them. Most of my guys are booking loads themselves and love it. But we still have a dispatcher in the office to help when they are rolling or in a tight market.

We sell them the trailer and in 3-year they own it out right.

I would love nothing more than to have my O/O's go independent when they want in the future. That would be a proud day for me.

5. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    That is $1.62 to you.

6. SnookiSnackhouse

SnookiSnackhouse Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Concrete, WA
    I always wondered if this was just brokering done a different way- brokering a truck instead of a load, which sounds like a good thing to me. I did know a lady who seemed to be doing OK dispatching 5 owner operators. I say this because she called us for years (at a brokerage) and the same 5 trucks were rolling with her. What do you do? Just get a business license and pay your taxes? Or are there regulations on dispatch services? I'm sure they offer billing and paperwork, and other services too. I'd love to know more on this topic.

7. twinturbotrans

twinturbotrans Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2008
    NW
    I have 9 trucks under my authority 2 of my own and 7 leased O/O...me myself and I do everything from dispatching to accounting...been in business since 2006 but I charge only 8% of the freight but they pay their own fuel, insurance, ifta, 2290 etc...70% of my freight is direct and 30% through brokers...here is my little secret: consolidate freight or some O/O call it building a load...been doing that for about 4yrs now and seen my company and my O/O profits increase over 200%. Some people think it's risky some don't the proof is on the books. This type of practice been going on for years, big brokers do it, big carrier companies do it, its just some O/O aren't savvy enough to figure this out on their own and i know it takes time but when the time is right and you got that perfect customer/broker then you will see your profits increase dramatically. Every O/O motive should be move the load from point A to point B for as much as possible, the lighter the load the better, the fewer skids the better... once you get that then you fill in the rest (of the trailer that is ):yes2557: cheers

SnookiSnackhouse Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.