Total Quality Logistics (TQL)

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by jj94587, Aug 5, 2011.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Really I've got better things I should be doing right now but wanted to take a stab at this one cause I can't resist it. This is a complete BOGUS excuse for posting up multiple ghost loads. We are all in the transport industry here with access to computers, internet, and failing that a trusty road map. I do have a photographic memory of sorts when it comes to roads, maps, cities I've been etc, etc so I usually at least have heard of a place and if I haven't it takes all of about 5 seconds to look it up and know for sure. It's a little disingenuous and reminds me of the first grade when all we knew was the state and capital city. That was good enough for then but now we are adults in the real world so no point in wasting my time misleading me.

I will also say this. It used to be that every TQL agent who called me would play that game and be like "yeah it picks in Nashville and delivers to Atlanta" when reality was it picked Clarksville and delivered to Macon. It's funny how they always shorted it like that. I actually cancelled a TQL load once when I was all new to this about 3 years ago because it was sold to me like that then when I got the load sheet it was another matter altogether with extra miles. Now here anymore I never get BS'ed over the phone when TQL calls but once in a while a rookie TQL guy will call and offer a "Nashville to Atlanta" then stutter "uhh, uhh, uhh, not really but sorta Nashville to Atlanta" and I can tell you that 100% of the time this person misrepresenting will never book my truck no matter what from that point forward. Most times anymore I don't get that and the agent shoots straight what they have. Post what you have and get to the point!!.........

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Jude36, Freddy57, mc8541ss and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    rollincoal is exactly right. We understand that at TQL phone calls are cheap, especially if you are willing to staff a calling center with people who don't have a clue what they are talking about. I get that.

But calls are expensive for me, and expensive for your customers as well. Anyone who actually has duties other than making phone calls all day from a cubicle. TQL has no respect for their carriers or customers to operate this way. The jig is up, it's not a few bad apples. Your training is bad, your business model is bad, no one wants to deal with you except absolute bottom feeder shippers and carriers. Chances are someone could start a call center in India that could do what you do much more cheaply and probably twice as effectively.

double yellow and rollin coal Thank this.
  4. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State

This is a very old scam that TQL likes to pull. I guarantee you they were paid hundreds of dollars for the detention. But they only gave you $50. TQL will not allow you to talk to the customer to verify this. Dishonest tactics like this are a big source of their revenue.

TQL refused to pay me for an entire trip once. TQ L claimed that their customer did not pay for the shipment because I arrived later than requested. Therefore TQL would not pay me. Of course it does not matter to TQL that the law clearly states that even if I deliver the load a month late and with half of the freight missing they are still required by law to pay me for the load. Any time a broker no pays or short pays the carrier for a load for any reason they are bypassing the civil court process. That is why it is illegal for brokers to withhold payment for any reason.

So I took TQL at their word. I filed a lawsuit against their customer for nonpayment. TQL went bat #### crazy. They hired an attorney to fight me in court. Even though they were not the ones being sued. During the pretrial discovery process the customer turned over evidence that they had indeed paid TQL for the load. TQL lied and was just making up an excuse to keep my money. What they actually did is commit fraud. Long story short the customer paid me because the law says the carrier gets paid no matter what. Their attorney told me they fired TQL after that.

5. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson

Yeah I know what you mean. I sometimes post 6 trucks in different cities with various trailer types. I mean if I just post my one truck with the correct trailer where it is actually located -- I don't seem to get as many calls...

6. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    You Sir when the BigKid2 post of the day contest. Lol

LandslideRich Thanks this.
  7. fast123wheels

fast123wheels Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    STAY AWAY FROM TQL! WORST COMPANY EVER!!! Booked a load with them on Friday in beginning of January 2016, it was an oversized load going form Chicago IL to Massachusetts. Agent did not tell us anything about Crane appointment etc. She asked us when we want to deliver and that was it. My truck was held at the delivery and was getting late to pick up the load for TQL. The agent of TQL was immediately informed about that, they called us and driver every 5-10 minutes and ended up telling us that they are going to take us off the load and are looking already for another carrier to pick it up for them but asked us to let them know when the driver is empty. Truck got empty around 4:30-5 pm, we called TQL and the agent said to send the truck over to the pick up - which we shouldnt have done. Driver got to the pick up, sent us the correct dimensions so we could start working on permits. But Indiana DOT was already closed, they worked only till 3:30 pm so the truck wasn't able to get on the road until Monday. We informed the after hours agent from TQL about that emidiately. Monday morning we did the permits and the truck got on the road. Legally you can only drive from dawn till dusk in those states with oversized load. Then we received a call from TQL agent yelling at us and telling about late charges etc and make the driver deliver the next day (basically he wanted us to brake the law, take risk and drive with oversize load at night, ofcourse we refused to do that). Driver delivered the load on Wednesday. Receiver didn't say anything to our driver, did not put anything on the paper and said Thank You. In few weeks we are getting a letter with potential claim from TQL for late delivery. I had to deal with the agent from claim department for 4 months regarding this claim. He said they were checking all phone calls, verifying everything etc. Finally after 4 months he told me that everything checks out, everything is on our side and that they did find that conversation with their agent telling us that they are going to take us off the load and are looking for a different carrier and that he got all the approvals to take the charges off and to proceed with invoice payment, but he said that TQL needs 10 days. I thought we finally won, but It was too early to celebrate! After 10 days i called TQL to check the status of the payment and guess what? The same person now telling me that they now decided to charge us $2800 for late delivery. How f...d up are they? I started disputing it again and the next day we received an offer from them where TQL offered to split the charges, put 1700 on us and they were gonna deal with the other 1100. W did not agree to that and called this other agent who sent it to us. She denied that they found the conversation with the agent stating that they were going to take us off the load and said that we were supposed to do the permits right after we booked the load. I explained her that a week ago we booked another oversize load and that the agent gave us wrong dimentions. the load was not only overwidth but overhight as well and that we never do overhight loads. she said that if that would have been the case TQL would pay us back for all permits - B.S and i told her that this would have never happen, that they would never pay!!! She did not want to talk at all, so i called the first claim agent and asked him why she was lying. He said she got mixed up and that he will talk to her about it. guess what the next day we received a payment from them in amount of $600. right after it i called the carrier relationships department and tried to reason with them, but the agent turned to be just another lier. I called the first claims agent again and asked him why is it that way with tql, why is everyone a f...g lier? and as always he told me he is going to talk to this carrier relationships but it is not going anywhere at all. There are 4 trucking companies in the same building as ours. We all joined together against TQL and everytime they call us we tell them not to call us again because we do not work with them. Whoever is reading this post lets join our forces and stop answering their calls and take loads with them. One day what happened to our company might happen to you. Companies like TQL should be taught a lesson. They refuse to pay for detention - making up new excuses for that every time, refusing to pay for layover and TONU. DO NOT TAKE LOADS WITH THEM! EVER!

8. tqlbroker1

tqlbroker1 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm a TQL broker. I agree with a lot of you, there are some scumbags I work with. I always take care of my drivers, even when my customers don't out of my own pocket. What frustrates me is that the majority of you think we are all pieces of #### and it's not true. Every time a customer has cancelled a load from me I've paid a TONU. NEVER has a truck given me money when they cancel their truck. Also if you're so against TQL why don't you get off your lazy ### and go prospect like we do 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Go find your own customers so that you don't have to use us rather than coming on a forum to ##### and moan. Sack up.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
    Reason for edit: Skirting profanity filter
    Broker2trucker91 Thanks this.
  9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    If you stop using the cheapest carriers out there, you will have less trucks canceling on you. Just saying...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
    Reason for edit: Edited quote
  10. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Works an office job 8 hours a day and thinks drivers are lazy..

TQL agent digging in their pocket to help their drivers? Buhahahahaha... if it isn't clear on a rate con the driver will get screwed. Period.

This is a company that if there is a claim on one load they will illegally withhold payment on that load and all others they owe you money for that you haul for them until it is settled.

I remember when they did that to the company I was leased on at and the financial stress it added. And the snakes would continue calling trying to book us drivers knowing full well there was a claim. I would ask them you realize there is a claim between us right now? "oh yeah that's not a problem we can still load you"

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  11. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I figured that wouldn't get much comment from a one post wonder TQL broker lol. Not that there's anything more to be said because the TRUTH always stands on its own.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.