Towel's and Wash Clothes

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cowboy385, Dec 9, 2007.

1. cowboy385

cowboy385 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Chuckey,TN
    I know this is a dump question but I am a newbie LOL. Everyone says to take at least two weeks of clothes but they don't say anything about wash clothes and towels. how many should I take and can I wash my clothes out on the road?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

All major truckstops (as well as many other places) have washing machines out on the road. I carry one decent towel with me for when I stop an shower at one of our terminals or shower at a customer, but if you shower at a truckstop, they provide towels and cloths. I simplify my bag of clothing on the road, carrying 2-3 pairs of pants, and a couple of shirts. I carry the minimum of underwear and socks, and if I find I need more, I stop by the local walmart and pick up a package of them. Then when I get home, I toss out the oldest ones in the drawers, which gives me a way and a reason to toss out old ones that I would never get around to otherwise..

4. cowboy385

cowboy385 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Chuckey,TN
    Thanks I thought the truck stops might have towels and wash clothes that is good to hear.

5. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    Truck stops do have towels and wash cloths, I also bring a pair of rubber sandals. You don't want to put your bare feet on the floor in those showers. Also, there is a run on staph infections among drivers as of late. We have had 6 drivers miss significant time due to staph. I use my own soap as well as my own towels and wash cloths for my protection.

6. cowboy385

cowboy385 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Chuckey,TN
    I thought about taking 7 towels and 14 wash clothes of my own that way I would have enough for two weeks but if I do that I will have two duffle bags and with my trainer I thought there might not be enough room what do you think if there is enuff room then I will take them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.